Prologue

Episode 1. Chapter 1. Prologue

***

My lover fell off the horse.

And he, who at one time was the most perfect man in the world, his personality along with his memory disappeared from his fall.

swoosh!

A flying dagger grazed my cheek, hit the wall on the other side and fell down.

The blade of the dagger grazed my cheek, making it sting and ooze blood.

"Oh, I missed it."

I heard a voice, clicking his tongue in frustration.

I slowly looked up to see a handsome man who looked like he had just walked out of an ancient masterpiece, arrogantly smiling at me with his high cheekbones.

Theodore Leonne Albrecht.

He was the Lord of the most vast land on the continent and the brilliant Emperor of Albrecht. And my lover.

"It's a shame, because I could have ruined a face as pretty as X's."

The man who was....

Theodore looked at the dropped dagger and me, and started laughing. Looking at him, I realized the rumors about him were true.

[I heard His Highness frequently targets those around him for his amusement.]

And the rumor was very old, over ten years ago.

I glanced down and saw my silvery hair that had fallen to the floor.

I felt a pang of sadness as I realized that those pieces of my body, cut by the blade of the sword, had fallen in flakes, just like my situation.

"What are you doing don't pick it up?"

Hearing the crisp voice, I came to my senses and picked up his dagger from the floor.

"Here, Your Majesty."

When I offered it nonchalantly, he raised one eyebrow as if he didn't like something.

"Hmm...... ."

He stared only at my face, unwilling to take the dagger I offered him. Or more precisely, my poorly cut hair.

The confrontation lasted for a while, and my arms were about to go numb.

"...."

I opened my eyes carefully and stole a look at him.

He had lost his personality along with his memory, but his handsome face remained the same. Suddenly, I remembered what one extravagant man had said in praise of him.

[Beautiful Theodore! The most brilliant treasure of the Albrecht Imperial Family! Blessings of the gods be upon him!]

His dark hair was as enchantingly colored as any lonely winter night, and his golden eyes, like the sun, were like the most precious jewel in the world.

His features were as beautiful as sculptures, as if he had been created by the Southern God of ancient mythology, and his body was perfect, hidden under his ascetic uniform.

He was, after all, the most beautiful man on the continent in existence.

I loved Theodore's handsome face and solid body.

But what I really loved was not his perfect appearance, which will always remain in history, but his kind and pure personality.

Theodore was a man who was always as warm as a spring breeze.