23

***

I remember trying to tell Theodore about me just before he collapsed.

And right after I said the words, he looked at me and had a severe headache....Suddenly, a feeling of uneasiness struck me.

'No way... Probably not.'

But the doctor cruelly put a wedge in my anxiety.

"I don't know why, but His Majesty complained of a headache every time he tried to recall the lost memories."

"His Majesty's headache... Is it because of the memory?"

The doctor shook his head and continued. "In other words, as long as you don't touch His Majesty's memories, he won't have any headaches."

"..."

There have been several occasions where Theodore complained of a headache in front of me.

I thought it was simply the aftermath of the fall, but it all had to do with lost memories.

"It is probably in the same vein that his head hurts every time he sees Sir Yves. Sir Yves is a new relationship that His Majesty met during the half year he lost his memory."

I remembered Theodore, who had a grim expression on his face, saying he had a headache every time he saw my face.

So, it wasn't mean bullying.

Seeing me and recalling the memories of me became so terribly painful for him that he lost his mind.

It was very sad and cruel.

"Then what about His Majesty's memories? He can't find them forever?"

"I don't know about that either. Well, we have to wait and see. If you wait, won't his memories come back someday?"

"No matter how he fell, how could only the memories of half a year be cut off like that?"

After the doctor left, I looked at Theodore blankly in the quiet room, speechless.

"Theo."

His face, as he slept quietly, looked strangely distressed. I'm sick and upset, but I don't know why he's making this face. All I could do now was wait for his memory to return.

I couldn't even mention Yvonne's name in front of him.

His body, which had fallen on the table and was quickly moved onto the bed. I wanted him to sleep warmly under the blanket, but his sleeping body did not move. In the end, I unfolded the coat I was wearing instead of the blanket and put it over his body.

"You're not a fool who can't even remember the woman you love."

I whispered with a slight resentment, but he did not hear me as he was sleeping deeply.

I hated him for losing me, and his memories of never coming back were ironic. I thought as I gently brushed his dark hair, wet with sweat, clinging to his forehead.

"If you find your memory, will you be sorry for what you did to me?"

Even if you apologize with all your heart, I will never accept it until my heart is relieved.

Even if he misunderstood that I was with a strange woman, the cold image he showed me and the disappointment I felt at the moment he tore up my letter without reading it won't go away.

"I will never forgive you easily."

But as soon as I remembered his painful face a moment ago, my heart immediately weakened.

"But you are the man I loved, so I think I can forgive you. So get your memories back quickly, Theo."

I whispered at his bedside, who had been sleeping for a long time, and then left.