Chapter 101

When Theodore returned to the palace, he heard from knights that they were unable to arrest Benjamin.

"I apologise, Your Majesty. Benjamin Ferdinand was very stubborn......."

Lyndon, who was waiting in front of the main gate of the Emperor's palace came to Theodore as soon as he got out of the carriage, making an excuse to him.

"Yes."

Theodore answered in an insensitive voice and moved forward.

When he just nodded frankly, Lyndon, who thought he would get angry, blinked in surprise.

In fact, Theodore had been distracted by the small warmth that had touched his cheek for a while.

He raised his hand very carefully and touched the cheek on which Erwin's lips touched.

The corners of his mouth curled up.

He had already completely forgotten that Erwin said he didn't want him to come back.

The sight of Theodore smiling like a madman made Lyndon feel uncomfortable for nothing, but he did not express it.

"Did you meet Lord Yvone......."

It was when Lyndon was about to ask something because he wanted to stop seeing that burdensome smile.

"Brother."

Suddenly, an unwelcome voice intervened.

Theodore looked back at the one who called him fearlessly.

"......Ernst."

Seeing Ernst's face, his forehead crumpled.

Theodore has hated his half-brother for a long time.

"I heard Brother's ex-fiance came back with your child. Is that true?"

"Why do you care about my work?"

Theodore folded his arms and looked at Ernst.

Katarina is not his ex-fiancée and the child she brought in was of course not his.

However, Theodore was neither Yves nor Lyndon and didn't have the slightest desire to kindly explain such things to Ernst.

"Make it clear to her. Don't hurt her."

Ernst spoke emphatically to Theodore.

Theodore's eyes narrowed.

That's why.

This is why Theodore hated Ernst.

"You are behaving as if you're someone important to Yves."

It was like that back then too.

When he thought she(Yves) was dead, he(Ernst) came to him(Theodore) and quarreled with him as if she were someone very important to him.

"I'm her friend."

"What friend?"

Theodore gave a short snort.

"Who looks at a friend like that?"

Ernst squinted at the words.

"Well, what do you mean......."

"You clearly like Yves."

"......!"

Ernst's expression turned stiff, and soon his face heated up.

Theodore was dumbfounded by his appearance but snorted inside.

'Did you really think I didn't know?'

He had been staring at Yves with that kind of eyes since they were very young.