121

11. The Mirror of Time

Ernst...!

No...!

Theodore's closed eyes opened wide.

He had a throbbing headache.

Looking up at the clear sky with squinting eyes, he quickly jumped up.

"Yves...!"

Obviously, until a while ago, he was in Albrecht's palace, his throne room.

But where he is now was a place he has never seen before.

Fresh green fields, chirping birds and baby squirrels running through trees.

'"What happened?"

Theodore looked around with a puzzled face.

"Yves... Ernst ..."

There was a rush of surprise on his face. Neither Yves nor Ernst was seen.

"Yves...... was crying..."

Theodore saw countless women like Yves crying in her unconsciousness, but he still couldn't get used to her crying.

"Is she still crying?...."

He was worried that she might be crying again in his absence.

"She shouldn't cry so much..."

Of course, Yves doesn't want him to worry about her, but.......

Thump.

When he remembered her crying sadly, his heart ached so much.

Maybe he'll be the reason for her tears for the rest of his life.

Shamefully, he was the person that actually made her cry.

Theodore recalled Yves and Ernst.

The friendship between the two was something he dared not intervene.

It seems that he has changed a little, seeing that he was more worried than jealous.

What happened to Ernst.......

Before the world shook, Ernst stabbed himself with a sword into his heart once again. It was the last scene he saw.

Then he fell to the ground right away.

The long hair that had been bleached white had faded a little, returning to the original color of his hair that Theodore remembered.

He had his eyes closed, so he (Theodore) didn't see if the colour of his eyes became as before.......

Perhaps the eyelids won't reopen ever in the future.

Thump. Thump.

But Ernst is a family to you, too.

As Yves said.

He thought he didn't have any affection for a pathetic guy like Ernst, but he perhaps thought of him (Ernst) as a family member.

Ernst died from the golden sword that his magic had created.

Strangely, the power he used to control well didn't work his way at that moment.

It's probably because the soul of Tenebris, who stayed in his heart, was interfering.

The black energy that flowed out at the end and covered the surroundings, it was definitely the soul of Tenebris, who was struggling in the face of extinction.

Anyway, Ernst, he (Theodore) killed the tearful and pathetic half-brother with his own hands.

It wasn't Ernst that was pathetic, it was himself.