15

***
"You're ...Yvonne, right?"

He asked with a pale face. Then, suddenly, he started crying.

Seeing Ernst crying sadly because he couldn't even come close to me, I couldn't even get out of my old resentment and had to put it back in.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Yvonne. I made a promise to you..."

"Don't cry, liar."

At that, he raised his voice and sobbed.

Instead of comforting him, I just watched. He always cried a lot, then and now.

Strangely enough, I felt like crying as I continued to watch him cry.

I didn't want to cry, so I said coldly.

"I'm not Yvonne."

"But you're Yvonne Cher........"

I covered Ernst's lips with my hand as he was about to call out my true name.

"Careful. If you call the name wrong, you will die."

Thinking that my warning was a threat, Ernst hiccuped with his eyes wide open.

"Yves Llewellyn. That's my name."

"Oh, oh....... .."

Ernst nodded vigorously.

There was no need to elaborate on Rudolph's curse.

The name Chernicia itself has been taboo for a long time.

Having calmed down a little, Ernst and I sat down side by side on the grass and brought up the old story.

"Hic, hic, I was going to see you... ."

He said that he tried several times to come to see me, but was blocked by Empress Margaret and Rudolph Ferdinand.

"I kept thinking of you."

"You were going to get engaged to Katarina."

"How do you know that? Not what I wanted to do! They said that if I get engaged, they'll let me meet you."

Suddenly, his face darkened.

"But then, suddenly, my mother and Uncle Rudolph both went away at the same time, and there was no engagement, and after that...After that, I don't have to tell you."

After the sudden death of Empress Margaret and Rudolph Ferdinand, Ernst lost his support, and Theodore, who suddenly became the Crown Prince, then soon became emperor.

Apart from Ernst's lack of greed for the throne and how good and kind Theodore was, Ernst would have had to be monitored every move because his existence alone could have threatened the throne at any time.

In such a situation, he would not have been able to see the friend who was entangled in treason in the past.

"It's okay. It's all in the past."

I smiled and changed the subject.

"By the way, you recognized me. I grew up like this, and my appearance has changed a lot."

As I muttered while stroking my silver hair that had been shortened to a bob length, I suddenly felt a bit bitter.

Theodore didn't recognize me at all...... .

"There's no way I can't recognize you."

At the time when I laughed and shared old stories with Ernst.