49

****

After regaining his lost memories, Theodore no longer sought Ferdinand.

The reason he made a deal with Katarina and visited Ferdinand was to find Yvonne and to bring Yves back to life.

But he now knew that Yvonne and Yves were the same person, and there was no longer any trace of the ancient darkness in Ferdinand that would bring Yves back to life.

Benjamin Ferdinand, the damn bastard, burned Yves's body and the old tree.

However, that did not mean that there was no way.

Recently he was looking for something.

The ancient darkness, the traces of Tenebris.

Although the name has been taboo in the Albrecht Empire, the situation was a little different in the far western continent.

"Armin."

Theodore put down the fountain pen in his hand and called for Armin.

Armin, who had come in carrying a bunch of documents to report today, froze and answered awkwardly.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Armin glanced at the wound on Theodore's forehead.

Of course, that non-human good-looking man was still handsome, but lately the emperor's face has been amazing in a different way.

Golden eyes with a ferocious brilliance that seemed to tear and kill anyone if it bothered him.

And the skin under those eyes was rather dark, which made the ferocious energy more intense.

What frenzy he committed every night, the scars that adorned his skin anew...

Besides, the scariest thing was that terribly low and eerie voice... !

The emperor no longer used vulgar language like before, nor did he laugh and ridicule his opponents.

He only spoke very rarely, only when he really needed it.

Nevertheless, every time he opened his mouth, the voice that came out was so gloomy and creepy that Armin had to tremble.

"In the Kerbel Kingdom, the reply."

Even with the short phrases that weren't even a proper sentence, Armin immediately understood the meaning of his words.

"Ah, yes, I just got a reply this morning. But, somehow, that......"

However, Armin's voice gradually faded away.

Theodore, who had been staring at the documents on the desk the whole time, looked up at him.

The moment he saw the cold gaze, Armin swallowed the sound of 'Ha' and tightly closed his eyes.

"Impossible, impossible... ... ."

"Impossible?"

Theodore recently made somewhat unreasonable demands on the kingdom of Kerbel, a powerful country in the western continent.

He asked them to give him the crown of Tenebris, the national treasure of the kingdom.

And, of course, the Kerbel Kingdom refused.

"Yes, it's impossible to give away their treasures...."

Armin glanced at Theodore's eyes and began to make excuses on their behalf.

"That's a natural reaction! It's a national treasure left by the founder of the kingdom...."

"Ha."

However, as soon as a short smirk flowed from Theodore's teeth, Armin froze. Theodore was smiling bitterly, as if he had already anticipated their rejection.