06

****

We were greeted by a huge, luxurious mansion that overwhelmed Chernicia.

I suddenly remembered Chernicia mansion, which had sunk into black ashes. And the family I had left behind in the midst of chaos....

"It's really okay now. Yvonne. It'll be safe here. So if you wait here for a while............."

When Ernst spoke with strength in his hands...

"Your Imperial Highness."

An unfamiliar voice cut off his words.

I turned around and saw a man who I met for the first time staring at me.

"This is the child you mentioned? Yvonne Cernicia, Albrecht's youngest sword."

I looked up at him in disbelief.

The title of "sword" was only given to those who had developed sword skills, and not many people knew that I had developed sword skills when they had not yet reached adulthood. Even Granny Gransy, a member of the family, did not know that....

"Uncle Rudolph..........!"

The moment Ernst shouted at the man, he confirmed what I had already guessed.

Rudolph Ferdinand.

This man was Empress Margaret's brother and the head of Ferdinand's family.

He was also Ernst's uncle, and unlike the tearful Ernst, he had a cold impression.

The man glanced me up and down as if he was appraising me.

"Your Highness will be leaving now."

''I want to spend some more time with Yvonne. I can't leave Yvonne alone."

The man tried to pull Ernst away from me, but Ernst held back, shaking his head.

"No, no. You have to remember your promise to the Empress."

"Yvonne is having a hard time right now. I have to be next to her."

"If Your Highness doesn't keep your promise, I won't be able to assure you of the part you've asked for."

The man's eyes flashed as he said this.

"But............."

Ernst hesitated, then quickly grabbed my hand and shouted.

"Yvonne! I'll definitely come back to pick you up!

I will surely come for you once more! I'll relieve Chernicia's injustice and find all of your family to come and get you!"

"..."

I had no answer as he shouted strongly at me.

Ernst was pulled back by the Empress's people, making promises he could not keep like that. There was a look of contempt and hatred in their eyes as they looked at me as if I was an insect.

"Follow me."

Rudolph Ferdinand led me to an old building behind the mansion.

"From now on, you're not Chernicia. You will be a common orphan boy who happened to catch my eye and became Ferdinand's apprentice knight."

The man who was threatening me while shoving me into the cold room suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"Traces of Leobrante.........? No, it can't be, Leobrante's powers have long since ceased..."

(*Theodore put his power in Yvonne's wrist to be able to track her in the last chapter.)

He wrinkled his forehead and muttered in a low voice. Then he immediately pressed the inside of my wrist with his fingers.