27

****

"D*mn it, get off now."

A harsh swear word escaped Theodore's teeth.

Theodore, who was pretending to kiss Katarina's face, pushed Katarina out only after his followers disappeared one by one, who had been paying attention to their deep affection.

"Did you just watch Yves Llewellyn? Why do you care so much about her?"

 "It's none of your business. You just have to do your job."

"Of course, I am working hard to find the traces of the one Your Majesty desires. I'm just worried. I wonder if Your Majesty may have forgotten. She's the woman who Benjamin planted."

Theodore himself knew better than anyone how suspicious Yves Llewellyn was.

And the fact that he wanted to get her out of his sight, but his own heart couldn't get rid of her even more suspicious than her.

Theodore returned to the room alone, leaving Katarina behind.

After he sent everyone in the room away, he quietly opened the drawer.

That day he found his mother's belongings, which he had taken from Yves Llewellyn.

It was the small hairpin crafted with red jewels that was used by his deceased mother when she married the imperial family.

It was also something he had kept for a long time to give to the woman who would be his companion.

[Are you really going to give me this?] (Katarina)

[Are you crazy? Go away.] (Theo)

Katarina, who followed him, was greedy for it, but Theodore snapped at her coldly. So Katarina gave up easily.

It's not that she wanted the hairpin in the first place, but that she just wanted to bully Yves.

At the same time, Katarina, who was still standing in the snow-covered garden, went to her carriage with a calm, subdued face.

Katarina was quick witted.

She noticed that the Emperor who cared about Yves Llewellyn, had more subtle feelings than just hated her.

No matter what feelings the two shared with each other, it didn't matter to her.

But she still didn't have the power to push Benjamin away, and this was something she couldn't mess with her plans.

"Yves Llewellyn... What is it?"

Yves Llewellyn had something.

Katarina's intuition was saying so.

Perhaps Yves was the key to grasping both the weaknesses of Emperor Theodore and Benjamin.

Yves Llewellyn. There was definitely something.

***

The next day, there was an accident.

It started when Katarina, who was going to participate in a hunting competition, begged Theodore to teach her how to ride a horse.

[What should I do, my fiancée? I'm very busy today.]

[Then can I ask Sir Yves?]

[Yes, of course.]

Theodore said he was busy and left Katarina to me.

Now, I don't know what has changed since I was tied to Katarina in a master-slave relationship.

He once said he didn't take me out of Ferdinand to be a slave.

It was purely Katarina's fault that she fell while trying to get on her horse and was injured.