48

***

"Come, Yves."

Benjamin smiled as he reached out his hand to me as I was about to get out of the carriage.

I glanced at his hand.

I thought that this kind of escort was only given to women like Katarina.

The afterimage of Theodore, who smiled sweetly at the woman in front of him and held out his hand, passed quickly before my eyes.

[Theo...!]

[Oh, Fiancée. Be careful. You'll fall if you run like that.]

[But I couldn't help it because I missed Theo so much.]

[How can my fiancée pick such lovely words?]

[Oh, Theo. People are listening...]

[There is nothing to be ashamed of. Hold my hand.]

Theodore smiled and reached out to Katarina lovingly.

At that point, Katarina smiled shyly and placed her hand on the firm hand that once held me.

Theodore stroked her hair and occasionally kissed her on the well-maintained hair.

There were many times when I felt like I was being stoned just by standing still at that loud expression of affection that seemed to be pleasing to everyone.

'Damn it.'

I thought I had forgotten everything while on vacation on the southern island, but as soon as I returned to the capital, I was amazed at the wounds he had inflicted on me again.

That's why I didn't want to come here.

"Yves?"

Benjamin had a worried expression as he looked at my hardened face.

"If you feel uncomfortable..."

"No, Benjamin. Thank you."

I quickly relaxed my expression and placed my hand gently over his hand.

Then I felt him grab my hand.

I walked slowly, following Benjamin.

"How do you like it, Yves?"

Benjamin asked me in a rather excited voice.

"I redo everything for you. You can think of it as a completely new mansion now."

I looked around the changed mansion slowly.

As he said, everything had changed, starting with the entrance to the building. There are no traces of the young Chernicia, who had been hiding due to the fall of the family long ago.

"I hope you like the new mansion."

Benjamin looked at me with twinkling eyes, like a child begging for praise.

"Isn't it a little strange? Do you want me to show you one by one?"

"No. I'll take a look around on my own."

In response to that kind of burdensome favor, I cut him off gently.

However, he walked away with a smile and no sign of disappointment or sadness.

"Okay. Then, look around as much as you like."

Benjamin stroked my hair gently and retreated.

I've never seen him so excited.

As I slowly moved to look around the mansion, I heard the voices of the servants whispering in the distance.

"So, does Ferdinand have a hostess now?"