33

In an instant, my expression collapsed.

What did I just hear?

Katarina had Theodore's child?

"So, after four days...."

"...."

"Yves Llewellyn ?"

When I stood there blankly without answering, Theodore called me again.

"Yves Llewellyn, are you listening to me?"

His voice brought me back to my senses.

Theodore was looking at me with a slight frown on his forehead.

So, Katarina, the woman who would become Theodore's fiancée in four days, was carrying his child...

I looked at the face of my child's father who said his fiancée had a child with him, and then ran out.

I could hear Theodore's voice calling behind me, but I couldn't be there any longer.

As I ran aimlessly, I saw a large tree in front of me. The tree, where we promised to meet at two o'clock in the afternoon.

Standing in front of it, I groaned and groaned at the rushing nausea.

The cold night air brushed my skin, and my mind was gradually organized.

Katarina was pregnant with Theodore's child.

And the two would be engaged in four days.

'Then my child...?'

I carefully wrapped my stomach.

'You will become the illegitimate child of the emperor.'

All of a sudden, my bones became numb. If the existence of my child was discovered...

Katarina was definitely going to kill my child. It's dangerous not only for me, but also for my child.

Katarina, who had long dreamed of becoming an Empress, could not spare the Emperor's illegitimate child, who would threaten her child's throne.

'No. I must protect my child.'

I wanted to let Theodore know that I was Yvonne and that I had his child in my stomach, but the news of Katarina's pregnancy broke my resolve.

As a result, I had a new determination that was firmer than ever.

I decided to leave him.

***

Meanwhile, Theodore was worried about Yves Llewellyn's pale complexion.

'The escort is unnecessarily weak.'

He clicked his tongue as he looked towards the door where Yves ran out.

Then, belatedly, he remembered that before he went to see Katarina, Yves's condition was very bad.

"Has she not seen the doctor?"

Theodore's expression wrinkled.

The last time he saw her this morning, she looked very ill. And he could guess how she got so sick.

'It must be because of Katarina Ferdinand.'

It was especially cold and snowed a lot yesterday.

In order to get her in touch with Katarina, he sent Yves Llewellyn to Ferdinand to apologize to Katarina.

Keeping the opponent standing outside was an euphemism for the noble ladies to be angry.