45

***

"You can't even win the emperor's heart after all that work."

Benjamin's eyes were still sharp as he pulled Katarina out of the old room and looked at her with contempt.

"Today, Emperor Theodore will come. He's planning to visit to comfort his fiancée, who is lying in her sick bed, shocked by the disaster on the day of his engagement. Who knows? If you hold onto the Emperor's heart, I might take you out of this place."

In any case, the only way for her to live was to capture Theodore's heart. Otherwise, she would be imprisoned in that old room again.

"Your Majesty, Benjamin has imprisoned me. He didn't let me see you."

As soon as Katarina saw Theodore, she hurriedly told him about Benjamin's atrocities. But Theodore had no interest in what Benjamin did to Katarina.

"Where is the divine tree you talked about last time?"

"I told you. You can only go in there with the permission of the headmaster."

It wasn't the divine tree that mattered now. Benjamin was trying to do something.

But when Theodore only talked about the divine tree, Katarina became a little annoyed.

"I think Benjamin is trying to do something terrible."

"Where is Benjamin Ferdinand now?"

"I don't know. He hasn't been seen since morning."

Benjamin took Katarina out of the old room and disappeared.

So Katarina could not find a trace of Benjamin or Yves Llewellyn.

"I don't know what Your Majesty is trying to do here. The engagement ceremony, which has been postponed without an appointment, must be resumed as soon as possible. Only then can I keep Benjamin in check..."

"Oh yeah. The engagement."

Theodore glanced at Katarina, as if belatedly remembered.

"You bullied Yves while using your fake fiancée's status. Didn't you?"

A cold murderous intent began to fill the golden eyes that looked at Katarina.

"How dare you, my Yves... ."

Katarina's body curled up at the chilling death that seemed to pierce her skin.

She wanted to inform him about Benjamin and Yves Llewellyn's plot, but because of his reaction, she couldn't tell that the woman was still alive.

"Ha, Yves Llewellyn, that woman... she was trying to seduce Your Majesty with a face resembling Yvonne Chernicia...."

"Deception!"

A dry laugh escaped Theodore's teeth.

Yves deceived him?

If true, wasn't it so cute?

What a foolish delusion

"It's up to Yves to decide whether to save you or kill you."

Said Theodore, raising the corners of his lips.

'What does he mean? Does he know that she is still alive?'

Katarina became anxious because she could not understand Theodore at all.

"Stop with that fucking fake engagement. Guide me to that divine tree right now."

At Theodor's threat, Katarina rose from her seat and led him into the courtyard of the mansion.