08

***

When I woke up, I realized that I had fallen asleep on that tree. Suddenly, the sky was dark and the man holding my hand was nowhere to be seen.

'When did I fall asleep like this?'

I frowned at the thought of disappointment and got down from the tree.

As I was passing in front of the annex, there was a commotion. The main character of the commotion was Katarina Ferdinand.

Katarina was a very wicked woman. Perhaps everyone will agree with me. She seemed to hate everyone in the mansion, but she hated me the most. From a very young age.

'witch.'

I pouted my lips and muttered inwardly towards Katarina, who was taking anger out on the helpless servants. As our eyes met, I quickly turned my head in surprise.

But it was after Katarina had already found me.

"Yves Llewellyn."

The moment she called my name, I realized the mistake I had made a while ago.

Katarina was a woman whom Rudolph Ferdinand, who had no daughter, took in and made her his daughter.

At one time, after the name of Chernicia was erased from the world, rumors circulated in the mansion that Katarina was engaged to Prince Ernst.

Until then, the most likely next emperor was not Theodore, but Ernst, who had a strong family.

However, after the death of Rudolph Ferdinand, the marriage between the two was broken.

And Katarina...

"Come here."

Katarina waved her hand at me.

"What did you just mumble while looking at me?"

"...."

"I asked, what did you say?"

Well-maintained, sharp fingernails pierced my face.

I bowed my head and closed my lips. Then she traced the tip of her nail on my face painfully.

"Aren't you going to answer me?"

She stared at me as if to kill me for not answering right away, but I know. If I give her an answer, she will nitpick and accuse me of something.

"Katarina Ferdinand."

At this time, the voice of salvation was heard.

"Benjamin."

Katarina, who immediately had a venomous look in her eyes, showed a disgustingly shy expression on her face and bowed politely.

As I turned to follow Katarina, a young man with short white hair was approaching me.

Benjamin.

That third-floor friend who kept me alive in this hellish Ferdinand.

And Ferdinand's young master.

After the sudden death of Rudolph Ferdinand many years ago, Benjamin, who was invisible for a long time, reappeared as Ferdinand's headmaster.

"What were you doing?"

Suddenly he stood next to me and looked down at Katarina.

The frost-cold eyes might make people shiver, but Katarina raised her head proudly and said.

"I was teaching."

"Teach who?"

"Yves Llewellyn was originally the servant I had. She was given to me by the deceased former headmaster Rudolph. In honor of the fact that I took the name of Ferdinand."