16

***
I was wrapped in a blanket, and Theodore patted my head with a smirk as if I was cute.

Theodore remembered me.

He dispelled the curse left on me and called my name. And he loved me.

....Theodore loves me.

I stared at him as if this were all a dream.

Then I felt him licking my wrist and realized that this wasn't a dream.

"Since when did you know?"

I suddenly asked. It was a question I had to ask before kissing.

"What?"

"That I am Yvonne ...."

"Ah."

He smiled sweetly and ruffled my sweat-drenched hair.

"From the moment we met again."

Then he looked into my eyes, and without warning, he grabbed the back of the head and kissed my forehead.

"Actually, from the first day I saw you, I've never forgotten you. I've been looking for you for a long time, Yvonne."

He gently removed his lips from my forehead and then kissed the tip of my nose and lips. I felt overwhelmed by his unstoppable and outspoken affection.

"I thought, of course, that Your Majesty would not remember me..."

"I'm not so stupid as to not remember the woman I love."

I was filled with joy at the words he brought up without wavering.

"Then why didn't you recognize me in the beginning?"

"I'm afraid you'll run away. It seemed that you would disappear the moment I called your name."

I paused for a moment at his answer.

How did he know?

Of course, at that time, I was preparing to run away the moment he recognized me...

"Actually, I was going to approach you a little more slowly, but your eyes looking at me were so pretty, I couldn't stand it."

"Then, how did you do this? Obviously, Rudolph Ferdinand had put a curse on me."

I had a lot of questions, so I couldn't stop asking them.

Theodore's eyes, looking at me like that, contained countless affections.

"It's divine power."

He clasped my hand and pulled it towards him. Then he rubbed his cheek on the back of my hand.

"Divine power?"

"No one knew that Leobrante's power had passed on to me."

Suddenly, I remembered the story of the great families in the empire, which Julia, my sister told me a long time ago.

Chernicia, a master swordsman who had trained great swordsmen from generation to generation.

Ferdinand, who produced excellent wizards. And Leobrante, who blessed the empire with a wonderful divine power.

Theodore's mother was Leobrante's daughter.

"How much would the old woman of Leobrante be upset if she knew this?"