30

"....!"

For a moment, I froze.

How did Katarina come up with that idea... ?

Seeing my eyes widening in surprise, she smiled as if she had won.

"It's no use even if you denied it. Because I've already researched everything. You're the daughter of a rebel family who disappeared 10 years ago."

"...."

"Then, did Theo also know that and took you to the Imperial Palace? A child of the traitor?"

She mocked me openly.

"Oh, that's crazy and absurd."

I looked at Katarina quietly. Gradually, a question arose within.

Why do I have to keep hearing this disgusting sound? That being said, I have been getting very annoyed because of the fluctuation of emotions lately.

"Yves, I won't ask you any more about who you were and what your relationship was with Theo. Just go away."

"Why me?"

And, unable to overcome the moment's twisted feelings, I forgot Theo's order, who had asked me to apologize to her, and snapped back at her.

"What, what?"

As I returned to her with respectful words, Katarina looked at me with a visibly bewildered expression.

"Why should I listen to you?"

"How dare you now...!"

Katarina, who had stopped her laughter, looked at me with a venomous expression and raised her right hand.

Clap!

But her angry hand, which was about to slash through the air, was caught by me right away.

"Now you know who I am."

I let go of her hand and walked towards the table.

"Then you will understand that I was the young sword of Chernicia who had been dealing with power since the age of three."

On the table was a vase of dried thorny flowers.

I picked up one of the tallest flowers in it.

A languid smile bloomed on my face as I scanned the thorns on the slender green stem.

After staring at it for a while, I raised the power that had been sealed for a very long time. Then, in an instant, an intangible energy overflowed and wrapped around the flowers.

"What are you doing now? What, what, this energy...... ?"

Katarina glanced around her anxiously as she sensed something strange. There was also a time when she was immersed in magic from a young age to become Ferdinand's person, so she must feel my power to some extent.

"Katarina Ferdinand, what do you think made it possible for you to be alive?"

"Hey, Yves Lowellyn?"

Frightened, Katarina backed away from me.

But I did not approach her and watched her leisurely run away.

"If it wasn't for that damn contract that Rudolph forced on me, you wouldn't be a part of this world."

Tsk, when I clicked my tongue, Katarina's face turned pale.

Watching her face change from moment to moment, I laughed softly.

"Hey, tell me one more time."

It was all because of Theodore that I had endured these days.

Because he was sick so I've decided to wait until he gets better.