17

***

Theodore fell off his horse. I couldn't come with him because I was having a cold.

Surprised by the news of his sudden fall, I contemplated and ran to his bedroom.

"Sir Yves...!"

"Are you okay? I heard you have a bad cold......"

The knights standing in front of the bedroom looked at me and kept silent.

"His Majesty, I heard he fell off his horse. Is he okay?"

As they gasped for breath, they glanced at each other with subtle expressions. This made me a little bit anxious.

"Why? Is he in a very bad condition?"

"Um, that's..."

"He wasn't seriously hurt. Fortunately, he woke up quickly...."

After a while, the words that came out of their mouths gave me a blank expression for a moment.

So my Theo is now... hurt his head...?

He looked fine on the outside, but he was a little strange...?

I opened the door that had been closed and went inside the bedroom, which felt particularly quiet.

Then I saw him sitting on the bed with a frown. He had a head injury and was bandaged, but his handsome face was still there.

I was relieved to see him sitting there intact.

"Your Majesty."

Conscious of his aide next to him, I called him that instead of 'Theo', and he looked at me with his forehead frowned, narrowing his eyes.

The first moment I saw that expression, I was taken aback. Was he in a lot of pain? Thinking like that, I worried Ben more.

"You got hurt a lot...... "

It was then.

Ah!

Suddenly he grabbed my wrist and pulled me in. My body, which was weak with a cold for several days, was dragged to him helplessly.

"Your Majesty, why, why...... ."

I stuttered in bewilderment.

It wasn't just him and me in this place.

And although Theodore was a beast that knew no time or place, it was always limited to places where there were eyes of others.

Because he respected my opinion that I did not want to go out in public until Chernicia's reinstatement was settled.

"You...."

He looked at me, his golden eyes shook greatly.

***

Earlier.

When Theodore woke up, the first thing he felt was a strong shock hitting his body.

"Ugh..."

It wasn't just the back of his head. His whole body was throbbing in pain, as if he had been beaten.

"Your Majesty, you're awake!"

The urgent voice heard next to him was that of his assistant Armin.

"Shut up. My head is ringing."

Theodore grabbed his forehead with one hand and cursed quietly, but suddenly the surroundings became quiet.