12

I grabbed Theodore's hand and followed him.

The moment I left the place that had trapped me for the past 10 years, a very strange feeling buzzed inside me.

"Yves, are you okay?"

"Yes, yes, Your Majesty! I'm sorry."

After being immersed in appreciation for a while, I belatedly realized that Theodore had been calling my name several times, and answered in surprise.

Then I met the golden eyes staring at me, and I closed my mouth again.

'Your eyes...'

The color of tenderness and longing remained in the round eyes.

'Like those days....'

The moment I realized it, the air around me suddenly heated up. Just like those old summer days.

Theodore's gaze at Yves Llewellyn resembled that of Yvonne Chernicia. Maybe it was because he was a warm and kind person by nature.

Come to think of it, Theodore looked at me with kind eyes, even when I first met him as a child. Even though it was a time when I didn't know his name or anything.

'Why is such a good person so engulfed in such horrific rumors? Tyrant? Nonsense.'

I looked down and saw our two interlaced hands.

It was sad to remember that he was trembling because he was afraid of blood a while ago.

"Come on, Yves."

In front of Ferdinand's mansion stood a gleaming golden carriage engraved with the emblem of the Albrecht family.

"Yes? But, I........."

"The trembling still doesn't go away, so I want you to stay with me."

Hesitating in nervousness, he pressed our clasped hands and urged me.

"You're supposed to be my knight. You have to protect me."

"I haven't even been appointed a knight yet......"

"Then let's ride the carriage as my guest today, huh?"

Theodore smiled brightly and waved his hand.

Fascinated by that beautiful smile, I unknowingly nodded and followed him into the carriage.

I could feel the other knights staring at me in amazement.

It must be that someone with an unknown identity and ability like me suddenly appeared and rode the emperor's carriage.

He definitely came on horseback yesterday, but why is he giving me such an ordeal today by riding a carriage?

The carriage rolled smoothly.

And throughout the brief time the carriage was rolling, Theodore was holding my hands and only staring at my face.

To the point where it was a little burdensome.

I cautiously opened my mouth.

"Are you always like this to everyone?"

"Yes?"

"Being so kind to everyone, and...... ."

It was time to choose the right word because I wanted to ask if he holds everyone's hands, says he was scared, and stares at them like this.