09

***

One of Theodore's eyebrows rose sharply toward Benjamin.

"What are you doing?"

"Your Majesty."

Benjamin said in a cold, subdued voice. His disrespectful eyes turned to Theodore.

"Yves Llewellyn is Ferdinand's knight. Even the lord of Albrecht cannot take him away without a reason."

"But Yves Llewellyn hasn't been ordained a knight yet, so that's incorrect."

Theodore added with a smirk.

"I will recruit him to the Order under the direct control of the Emperor. I have already asked for permission from Sir Yves Llewellyn."

He did ? When???

Puzzled, I tried to remember, but I don't remember agreeing to his proposal.

"Really, Yves?"

Benjamin asked me, but the answer came from Theodore.

"I saw Sir Yves' eyes saying so to me. 'Please take me to the Imperial Palace'."

At that blatant answer, me and Benjamin were both at a loss for words.

"Your Majesty didn't ask for Yves's permission."

"Then I'll give the order. Follow me, Sir Yves."

I couldn't understand why Theodore was so obsessed with me all of a sudden. But apart from my will, I couldn't leave Ferdinand recklessly.

"It's impossible. As the head of Ferdinand, I cannot allow it."

Benjamin said it was impossible because I belonged to Ferdinand, but in reality it was because of Katarina.

As long as she had a master-slave contract, I couldn't leave this place.

"I will pay the price."

So when Theodore said that, I felt my heart sink.

Because there was only one 'just value' that could free me from the bondage that tied me.

Giving Katarina the Empress's seat.

Because there was no other way to escape from Katarina's master-slave contract.

"That's also impossible."

At this time, Benjamin's resolute voice of rejection was heard.

For fear that he might mention the contract with Katarina, I had to panic.

Even if Theodore doesn't recognize me, it's because I didn't want to let him know of my pitiful condition.

But Benjamin's next words were a little unexpected.

"There is no price for Yves Llewellyn."

It was a slightly touching remark, even while puzzled by the absurd confrontation between the two.

But as if I was the only one who was touched, Theodore muttered with a look of disapproval.

"Ferdinand's young master is greedy. Just like your father."

"As Your Majesty knows, Sir Yves is an outstanding man."

Wait, is Benjamin talking about me?

Since when did I become an outstanding person?

Wasn't Ferdinand's Yves Llewellyn a pitiful idiot who couldn't even become a knight officially?

"Then It can't be helped."