26

***

"Leave?"

I tilted my head and asked, and Ernst grabbed my hand and explained.

"Yes. Theodore's engagement ceremony is coming soon. I think it would be okay to leave the Imperial Palace."

Even after Theodore became emperor, Ernst could remain in the Imperial Palace. It was just in case the young emperor, without heirs, refused even to marry.

However, the emperor would soon be engaged, and it was the custom of the Albrecht family to hold a wedding within a year after the engagement.

I was deep in thought.

Theodore wanted me to leave on my feet.

However, I felt too sorry for Theodore in his lost memory to do as he wished.

I was holding on to leaving, but it was getting more and more difficult.

There were times when I also cried and my emotions soared.

It still was.

My heart ached at the thought of him who had asked me to grow out my hair and had cut my hair to rob me of what he had already given me.

I wanted to cry.

But the moment I cried, I felt like I was losing to Katarina. So I wasn't crying, but I was cursing him behind his back.

"And Yves, actually........."

At this point, Ernst lowered his voice and whispered.

"I just received a strange letter not too long ago."

"A letter?"

I asked back with indifference. It wasn't my concern that Ernst was exchanging letters with others.

But at the next words, I had no choice but to open my eyes wide.

"So, Yves. Only you should know about this. I received a letter, and its contents were......"

"What?"

In an instant, I frowned.

"The person who wrote it said that he was a survivor of Chernicia."

***

I pondered for a long time what Ernst had said.

[Yeah, it's a little suspicious. You are in front of me like this, and you are the survivor. So I just tore up the scammer's letter.]

When I saw Ernst talking proudly with his chest sticking out, I felt tingling as if I had been hit in the back of the head.

[You idiot! You just can't tear it apart!]

[Huh, Yves... ?]

I clasped his shoulders violently and shook him, startled.

[Oh sorry.]

Having lived with the knights for a long time, I forgot for a moment that he was a precious prince who grew up in the Imperial Palace.

[Can't you get back to the person who sent you the letter?]

[Yes.... Instead, there was a message at the end of the letter that said they would contact me again.]

Who the hell sent it? When will be the next one?

It was while I was thinking about something related to Ernst's letter.

"There's a hunting contest next month, right? I want to go too. At that time, after the engagement ceremony, as Theo's official fiancée." (Katarina)