39

The knight continued to explain in a mournful voice.

"Sir Yves Llewellyn...was attacked by assassins, and....."

"..."

Theodore, momentarily stunned, dropped what he was holding.

His face turned pale. He wanted to ask what the knight was talking about, but no voice came out.

"Miss Katarina was attacked, and Sir Yves tried to protect her..."

Theodore couldn't believe the words that were being explained over and over again. He denied her death and asked.

"So Yves Llewellyn, where is he now?" (*Theo used 'he' for Yves because other people didn't know Yves was a woman)

Theodore ran straight outside.

The area around the large golden carriage was in chaos due to the assassins' attack.

"Theo...!"

Katarina, who found Theodore, ran to him and tried to hug him, but Theodore rushed past her.

"Ahh!"

Katarina, who suddenly rolled on the floor, let out her scream.

But Theodore was only interested in Yves Llewellyn.

Knights with mournful expressions surrounded the dead body.

Theodore hugged Yves's body in a tight hug.

"Yves Llewellyn...?"

The body was cold.

She, who had been with him until just a day before, was now covered in a thick smell of blood.

It was so strong that he couldn't smell anything.

"Are you really dead ...?"

Since childhood he often saw dead bodies, and some of them were killed by his own hands.

It's one of those things he had always seen, but he couldn't figure out why he felt so strange now.

Theodore immediately noticed what this feeling that filled his heart resembled. Long ago, when he heard the news that Chernicia had been destroyed and Yvonne was dead.

Exactly like then, no, a feeling of despair even greater than then engulfed him.

***

The Emperor returned to the Imperial Palace with the corpse of Yves Llewellyn.

The blood dripping from the dead body made his whole body red.

"Your Majesty....!"

The servants looked at him with a surprised expression, but Theodore briefly ordered that no one follow him, then went into the bedroom and locked the door.

"No way. You can't be dead."

Theodore, who placed her body neatly on his bed, muttered in a low voice, and reached out his hand.

A golden glow from his fingertips spread slowly toward her wound.

"Wait a minute, Yves Llewellyn. I will heal you soon......"

However, the deep wound was not healed no matter how much energy he poured out.

The blood stopped, but her flesh did not heal, leaving an open wound exposing her red flesh.

"What happened? Why, why......"

It was the power he had been training for a long time.

The power he had originally nurtured to heal Yvonne's wounds, now it didn't work on Yves at all.