Chapter 107

Snap!

Ernst's eyelids, who had been asleep the whole time, opened quietly.

Blink. Blink.

Ernst sat up slowly.

"Oh? Your Highness the Prince! Are you awake?"

The servant, who just came in to change his bedding, greeted him with a bright expression.

"Are you feeling well? I was worried because Your Highness didn't wake up for a long time."

"......."

Unlike Theodore, who had a cranky temper, Ernst was friendly to the palace's servants.

It was a little strange for him to sit still with an unconcerned face unlike his usual bright expression. But the servant thought it was because he had just woken up after an accident.

"There were a lot of people who were worried because Your Highness didn't wake up, but I'm so glad now. I should hurry up and tell people this good news."

"......."

Ernst stared at the babbling servant.

"Oh, you've become so emaciated. Oh, wait a minute, Your Highness. There's something on your......."

Then the moment the servant found a thread like this stuck to his clothes and reached out his hand.

Stab!

A black sword pierced the servant's body.

Cough, cough, cough.

The servant's body fell down with a dull sound and rough breathing.

Ernst looked down at the dying servant with contempt.

"Dirty human being, how dare you."

Giggles...crack!

Soon, he snapped the servant's neck and took his breath away.

At the same time, the black sword that penetrated the servant's body came back to his body.

Ernst's eyes shone red as he stared at the series of scenes with an insensitive gaze.

The bright platinum hair slowly began to turn black.

And at the same time, the hair grew long enough to touch his toes.

The man was covered in Ernst's shell, but he was no longer Ernst.

Turning slowly, he looked out the window.

The sun was obscured by the moon.

Gradually, the world darkened as the sun lost its light.

Thud. Thud.

Tenebris, who walked toward the window, reached out his fingertips and pushed the window.

The window opened, and the air outside burst in.

The familiar smell of air entering the lungs made the corners of his mouth curled up.

This was the smell of darkness.

The demons holding their breath in the dark began to open their eyes one by one at his call.

The fourth apostle sealed in ancient times, Tenebris, the Enforcer of Darkness.

He was resurrected.

****

"Wuahhhhhhhhh..."

Erwin, who had his head buried in my arms, cried sadly and pitifully.

I hugged Erwin's small body tightly and patted him on the back.