29

Katarina did not come to the Imperial Palace for a while.

I was happy not to see her face, but that didn't lighten my heart. My mood escorting Theodore was still low.

After that day he popped into my room, he stopped tormenting me a bit. But every time I made eye contact with him, he just looked away.

The first time he suddenly kissed me, I thought he had regained his memory.

Or I thought he remembered I was Yvonne.

If not, there was no reason for him to kiss me. Because he hated Yves Llewellyn terribly, not Yvonne Chernicia.

What followed, however, was the contemptuous gaze that treated me as a dirty woman.

When did my love become dirty and ugly?

His engagement ceremony was less than a week away.

Now, a week later, he would be engaged to another woman.

Should I be glad that it wasn't a wedding?

Theodore was slowly reading a letter from his fiancée.

"ah....."

His expression changed moment by moment with the sound of pain in between.

He is making a face as if he is seeing something he misses very much.

The expression on his face that looked like he was about to cry was similar to the face of Theodore I loved.

"Yves Llewellyn."

He called me after a while.

"Go to Ferdinand."

"Yes?"

"Come and apologize to Miss Katarina. I think she's still very angry with you."

"Apologize?"

I had already received harsh punishment from her.

But you want me to apologize again?

"You must meet her, apologize to her and take anything she has to say, by all means."

He said in a serious tone with no grumpiness.

I thought as I got into the carriage headed for Ferdinand at his command.

Theodore, you really love her.

If you find your memory, what will you do then?

Will I wander between you who loved me before you lost your memory and you who loved Katarina after you lost your memory?

Then I...

What should I do...

If it's too late for you to find your memory and you marry that woman, what will happen to me then?

I'll be left confused and wandering. This is a depressing assumption that I really don't want to think about. But wouldn't it be okay to stay with him a little longer until he got married? I have nowhere to go anyway.

While I was thinking about it, I fell asleep.

"We have arrived, knight."

I woke up at the sudden call of the coachman.

Over the past few days, I have been very sleepy.

Does depression make the body like this?

Even looking at my favorite food, I often felt nauseous and vomiting.

I got out of the carriage, thinking that I should go see a doctor when I get back. Arriving at Ferdinand's mansion, I hesitated in front of the closed door for a long time.