50

***

06. The Mad Emperor and the Witch of Arbella

***

Shortly after hearing that Theodore had left for the western continent, I declared to Benjamin that I would leave the Empire.

"Now is my chance without Emperor Theodore. If not now, we'll never know when the Emperor will be away again."

"But... the place you said is too far away."

"So it will be safer from the Emperor."

Benjamin objected to my leaving his mansion, but in the end had to accept it

"Then I'll look for a place where you can settle down. Ferdinand's funds are enough......"

In the end, he couldn't break my stubbornness, and he tried to help me in another way.

"It's okay, Benjamin. I can do it."

But I turned down his favor.

"How can you?" (Benjamin)

I said calmly to Benjamin, who looked at me with a surprised expression on his face.

"I have a lot of money." (Yvonne)

When I left the Imperial Palace, I never came out with empty hands.

I dated Theodore for half a year.

During that brief time, he would present me with all kinds of treasures along with sweet pushes of love.

And I packed the small, light, and valuable ones in advance.

Among them were the national treasures of the Albrecht imperial family.

'I didn't steal or take it, Theodore gave it to me.......'

I felt a little guilty about disposing of the royal family's treasure, but I decided to be a little brazen for the sake of the baby.

'And technically speaking, it's not for me, it's for the baby, right?'

Besides, isn't the baby in my stomach the bloodline of the Albrecht family?

Apart from the fact that I have no intention of raising the baby to be Theodore's baby.

'So it's not wrong to sell some royal family treasures for our baby.'

When I reached an agreement with myself like that, my heart, which was a little uncomfortable, calmed down.

I disposed of Theodore's gifts to finance the settlement of a new home.

The first thing I did when I arrived in Caligor Kingdom was to buy a mansion.

There were three conditions I wanted.

First, it should be located in a place where there was not many people.

Second, the lake should be visible.

Third, there must be a large garden where the baby can run around.

And the large mansion in the Arbella estate where a fallen nobleman lived long ago met the conditions I wanted.

So I settled in Arbella, a small estate with a lake located in the interior of the Caligor Kingdom.

There, I was able to enjoy a small and comfortable life with a few employees.

Arbella was a very small estate, so when I first appeared here, the locals showed great interest in unfamiliar immigrants.