43

***

At the news of Theodore's sudden visit, I had to stay in the room as quiet as a mouse.

Shortly thereafter, Benjamin returned with a rather tired face.

"What about His Majesty?"

"He went back."

"What did he come here for?"

Breathing in my breath, I asked, and Benjamin stared at me.

"Katarina was sick and he came to visit her. He must have been worried so he came without prior notice."

"Is Katarina okay? Wasn't my scarecrow killed instead of her?"

"Yeah. But he can't help but worry. The woman he loves is sick."

I had a rough idea of ​​the reason for Theodore's visit, but I became bitter for no reason. I remembered Theodore, who answered yes without hesitation to my question if he loved Katarina.

Anyway... I'm dead...But I immediately shook my head.

Well, I shouldn't care.

It was a luxury to even mourn for my death. I was nothing to him.

Perhaps their engagement ceremony will resume soon.

"Yves, the story we talked about earlier."

Benjamin tapped the back of my hand.

"I will move the mansion. So please allow me to help you and your baby."

He brought up the subject we talked about until just before Theodore's visit.

"But Benjamin, all the foundations you have built so far are here, so if you're going to throw them away and move the mansion, it's ridiculous."

Ferdinand was the main family that supported Albrecht from generation to generation, and their foundations were all here in the capital of Albrecht.

But to throw it all away and move the mansion. Just because of the small reason to help me.

No matter how much Benjamin was obsessed with friendship games like a teenage boy, this was not it.

"If it's for you, I don't care."

"But I don't think this is. To be honest, it's a burden for me as well."

"..."

Benjamin paused for a moment and thought about my words, then spoke again.

"Then... I will change the mansion to your liking."

"Even if you change it..."

"Go and enjoy your break, Yves."

He smiled and cut off my words.

"When you come back, it will be a completely different space."

***

Meanwhile, Katarina, imprisoned in an old room, seemed to be losing her mind day by day because of Theodore, who did not come over time.

'Why don't you come? Why? Isn't the time when you should have come earlier?'

She bit her nails, which had become tattered, in the anxiety that had grown in the meantime, and rolled her eyes nonstop.

There was no way that Emperor Theodore would have given up on her now. Even if that were the case, there was nothing to say about the ruined engagement ceremony...... ?

Then, all of a sudden, Katarina had a lightning bolt of realization.

'Benjamin!'

Yes, he was the only man. Behind this unexpected variable was...