52

***

Some time later.

Derek, who had not dared to come the whole time Benjamin was here, reappeared in fear of his disappearance.

"It's a gift, Yves."

A white envelope was in his hand. And in it... ...

"The Squirrel Warrior Jericho?"

There was an invitation to the performance of Erwin's favorite <Squirrel Warrior>.

"Yes, Yves. The performance team of "Squirrel Warrior" will visit the city of Arbela this weekend. Erwin and Odelia will love it."

"You have four tickets?"

"Yeah! I've got four very hard-to-find invitations."

"Ha...four...."

I looked at the four invitations and pondered.

"Then me, Erwin, and Lia.........and there's one left........."

"Yeah, if the three of you watch the show, there's one seat left!"

Derek's eyes were shining brightly as he stared at me.

I smiled at him and said.

"We can go with Laura. That's four! Thanks, Derek."

For a moment, Derek shrank his shoulders, giving him a gloomy expression.

I raised my eyes sharply at his noticeable change.

"Why are you crying? Is it a waste of a ticket now?"

<Squirrel Warrior> was a performance that Erwin had been wanting to see for a long time.

He wasn't taunting people, and when Derek tried to give and take away, I glared at him, and he waved his hand.

"Oh, it can't be. Please come and have a nice outing."

But contrary to the words, Derek's gaze at the four invitation cards in my hand was very tenacious and painful.

I smiled and quickly put the invitation back into the envelope before he changed his words.

"Okay. Erwin and Odelia will thank you too. I'll buy you a present when we come back."

Derek smiled 'haha' with a strange expression on his face, not sure if he was happy or sad.

And that weekend. We went out to the city for the first time in a long time.

It was the first outing to the city since Erwin and Odelia's birthdays last fall.

The children were very excited at the news that they were going out after such a long time.

"I miss Tturaego (Dragon)!"

"We're not going to the stupid Tturaego (Dragon), it's the Yonza Jelriko!"

"It's not stupid Tturaego (Dragon)! You stupid Er!"

Erwin and Odelia just got on the carriage and started fighting.

"Lia, you shouldn't say such bad things to your family."

"Yes. But Er said Tturaego (Dragon) is stupid."

Odelia hugged the pink dragon doll that Derek had given her and puffed up her cheeks.

She was as adorable as an angry baby squirrel.

"Er, Lia must be upset about what you said."

"Lia, are you mad?"

Erwin asked Odelia, tilting his head.