04

***

If I hadn't manifested my sword skills as a child, my own father would never have taken me in.

As a child, my mother, who was my only family, often coughed and got sick. However, we had no money and could not treat her illness in a timely manner. Instead of treatment, she was plagued by debt collectors every day.

[Sorry, cough cough................................ until I'm better....cough cough.]

[If you can't pay off your debts, I'll take your daughter.]

They weren't afraid to bully the weak woman and child. And so it seemed that I was not a very gentle person even at that young age.

[Don't bully my mother!]

I shouted at the men and threw whatever I could get my hands on at them.

I didn't expect the fork I accidentally threw at them to pierce the opposite wall with a blue light.

Crack!

Cracks began to appear on the wall where I threw the fork, and soon, boom! The wall collapsed with a deafening sound.

[Ahhh!]

[Power....!]

The men looked at me as if they had seen a ghost, and quickly ran away.

[Oh my god, Yvonne....?]

And so it was the same with my mother. She took me with her to visit a magnificent mansion. There were two men there, both with the same silver hair and green eyes as me.

[It's the master's child. Please take the child.]

The younger of the two men snapped at the mother's words.

[What child? It can't be .......!]

[Stay still, Oswald]

But the old man stopped him and asked his mother.

[Are you sure this kid used swordplay?]

[Yes, she threw a fork, and it flew, glowing blue, and the wall crashed.]

The old man told a person to check the truth. A few moments later, when the report came in, he looked straight into my green eyes.

[It's confirmed. You're a child of Chernicia.]

My mother received some money from the old man and walked away without looking back at me. The old man bowed to me as I stared at the spot where she had disappeared.

[Yvonne Chernicia. That's your name from now on.]

The old man patted me on the head as if to comfort me. I stared up at him.

[I am your grandfather. You can comfortably call me Grandpa Gunther.]

Gunther praised me, saying that no one in Chernicia's history of owners had mastered the art of swordsmanship as quickly as I had.

In Chernicia, there was a family tradition that those who mastered the art of swordsmanship would spend their childhood in the estate until they were ten years old.

Therefore, I had to stay there alone with my father. But the time I spent with him was not very pleasant for me.

It was when I was nine years old.

[Ha......]

I sighed as I looked at the scar on my wrist.

It was left by my father not long ago.

On the days when I occasionally reminded him of his dead wife, my own father was unbearably disgusted by my presence. After he came to his senses, though, he looked at me with a face full of guilt.