Chapter 95

"Katarina was talking nonsense. Look at this. It doesn't look like me at all. Unlike our children."

I glared at him at the last sentence, then slowly moved my gaze to look at Katarina's child standing next to Theodore.

The child who made eye contact with me tilted his head, and soon smiled.

It was a gruesome look-alike smile with Theodore standing side by side, but.......

'He does look a little bit different.'

On closer inspection, he looks nothing like Theodore.

When the golden eyes bent, the arc was different in size.

The color of the eyes reflected by the sun when smiling was different.

Also, the angle of the corner of the mouth that rises obliquely was different.

At first glance, Katarina's child resembled Theodore to the point where it was difficult to find any differences, but in my eyes, who once knew Theodore better than anyone else, I could see the differences.

And I was more annoyed that I recognized it right away.

"......Yes."

I nodded calmly.

"So, what?"

Then I threw away the honorifics and stared at him with fierce eyes.

"Of course he looks different because he's not the same person. That is not something to be proven."

Erwin and Odelia, the children birthed by me, were also quite different from me if someone looks closely.

It's not surprising that they are different because they are not the same person.

I was angry with Theodore, who broke my peace by calling this reason an excuse.

Theodore, who noticed my signs, answered quickly.

"This is not a real child. It's fake."

"......?"

I looked at him for a moment because I didn't know what I should say to him.

Then he added reluctantly, as if it was a story he didn't want to bring up.

"......as you did when you left me."

I burst into a small exclamation, recalling the scarecrow that Benjamin had made for me.

"Oh, the Scarecrow."

"Scarecrow?"

Theodore followed me on the word he heard for the first time.

"......."

I closed my mouth and glared at Theodore and the little child who was modeled after him.

If this child was really a scarecrow, it must be her(Katarina) who made it.

'If it's Katarina, she could have made such a thing.'

When I thought so, I felt guilty for no reason.

"Daddy!"

Katarina's child, no, the scarecrow made by Katarina, shouted at me.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

The word 'Daddy' seemed to be the only thing it could say.

My head hurt for nothing, and I saw Theodore letting our sigh.

"Yeah, even if it's a fake, what's the difference?"

"Very much..."

"Go away."