Chapter 92

I leaned my head against the window of the running carriage and blinked blankly.

I still couldn't get myself out of daze.

'What the hell happened?'

I recalled the situation a while ago, frowning slowly.

Benjamin has been inviting me over to have a cup of tea with him like the old times. But there was no time to spare for Benjamin's invitation.

This is because I have been busy since I returned to the Empire.

Although Brian helped me to become the Head of Chernicia which happened so suddenly without any planning and made me so busy that I couldn't have time to close my eyes.

But it was for my Chernicia.

Joy and reward were ahead of the thought of working hard.

I promised to visit Benjamin when everything was done to some extent, but there was no time.

So I went to visit him after the conquest of evil spirits.

Just when we were drinking tea leisurely and having a small conversation for the first time in a while, Katarina came to visit.

With Theodore's child, a child who resembles Theodore.

And Theodore, who came in a hurry just after her appearance, looked happier than ever.

I thought it was because he met Katarina again.

However, Theodore broke everyone's expectations and excitedly captured Katarina.

Take her to the dungeon of the palace right now.

Yes, Your Majesty.

The Emperor's soldiers nodded in a restrained motion and dragged Katarina somewhere.

Only Katarina's desperate scream lingered on the spot.

I stared blankly at the place where she had left with an astonished face, and then suddenly, I felt a burning gaze on me.

Turning my head, I saw Theodore looking at me with a very proud expression.

Yves.

He approached me with glistening eyes as if asking for praise.

I told you. It was a misunderstanding that she and I are lovers. We don't have anything between us.

It was a misunderstanding?

I narrowed my eyes and stared at him.

Yes, it's all a misunderstanding. That's why I'm here to get her. Because she's the bad woman who bothered you by pretending to be my fiance.

What are you talking about? She was not pretending to be your fiancée, I'm sure you two were gonna.......

No, that was all a misunderstanding. It was a lie. Why else would I put her in jail?

.......

I was swayed by his words for a moment.

But Theodore was a man who could lie without blinking an eye.

While standing next to him, who had lost his memory, I saw clearly what an evil man he was.

It was when I stiffened my face again as I recalled the fact.

Daddy.

A small child shook Theodore's pants by grabbing them.

It was the child that Katrina left behind.

What?

Daddy.

For a moment, Theodore's face was distorted, but the child rubbed his head on Theodore's legs, clinging to him.