💘The Things I Love About You💘

One day at Rosemeadow High School, Jake and Hailey were in the music club room and were about to do some song-writing. Hailey placed her music materials onto the desk situated in the room before turning her face towards Jake.

"Alright, Jake. Ready to get started?" She asked him happily, only to see Jake leaning against the wall, with a frown on his face, deep in thought. He was obviously zoning out, and hadn't paid attention to a word Hailey just said.

"Um, Jake?" Hailey tried again, this time succeeding, as Jake snapped out of his daydream and looked up at her.

"Huh? Hailey, did you say something?" Jake questioned nervously, placing his hand behind his neck.

Hailey crossed her arms and arched an eyebrow. "Jake, don't think I haven't noticed your behaviour throughout school today. I know there is something bothering you. Tell me, what's up?" Jake fixed his eyes towards the ground, knowing that Hailey was waiting for a response.

"It's nothing, really.." Jake replied with an attempted smile but Hailey wasn't buying it.

"Jake, I'll say it time and time again. You're a really bad liar.." Jake sighed in defeat as he kicked the floor.

"Well, I guess you could say something is up.." Jake muttered, avoiding eye contact with his friend. Hailey pulled out one of the chairs from the desk and sat down. She then pulled out another chair and gave it a pat, showing Jake that she wants him to sit down.

"Would you like to talk about it?" With that, Jake nodded his head and sat down on the chair next to Hailey, fiddling with his fingers nervously. "So, what happened?" Hailey asked, resting her arms on the table as she folded them.

"Well, I guess you can say that I'm not really having a great day. I'm in a pretty bad mood and...God..I'm so pathetic.." Jake said quietly, making Hailey grow completely shocked. Where was all of this coming from? Jake usually acts so cocky and boastful about himself and now, all of a sudden, he is tearing himself down.

"Jake..what makes you say that?" Hailey watched as Jake let out a sigh.

"I don't know, I just..I just feel like I'm not good enough..I feel like I can't do anything right..I just want to make people happy, and I want the best for everyone. Damn, I'm such a mess. My mental health has been messing with me again..I have been taking therapy sessions for a while now..I just don't know what to think or do anymore."

Jake's eyes went wide, reacting to the sudden soft touch that he felt on his hand. He glanced down and saw Hailey's hand on top of his, holding it gently. Jake met Hailey's eyes and gazed deeply into them.

"Jake..none of that is true. You are so much more than that.." Hailey said with a soothing tone as Jake listened. "You are not pathetic. There are so many things to love about you..You are kind, caring, considerate and one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I am honestly so lucky to have you as my friend."

Jake felt his cheeks grow a bit warm hearing Hailey say all these things about him. "All of the club members, as well as myself, are all incredibly blessed to have you as our lead singer and friend. You help everyone with their own problems and encourage them to go on and keep trying. I mean, if it weren't for you, Luke and Zander might not have become a couple. You helped them with their relationship, you helped get Milly's diary page back, you offered to give Sean your laptop in replace of his own."

Hailey then placed her hand on his shoulder and gave him an adoring smile. "And, you've helped me with my stage fright. Helping me find the confidence to sing on stage again, which is what I've always wanted as a kid, and for that..we love you Jake..I love you Jake.."

Jake was absolutely speechless at Hailey's words of kindness. "Hailey...." Jake said quietly. He had never felt so moved. Not even around Daisy. Hailey blushed a little, brushing a strand of her ocean-coloured hair behind an ear, looking off shyly.

"U-Um, maybe we should start song-writing now? If that's okay..?"

Jake smiled warmly, feeling a whole lot better. He nodded in agreement. "Yeah, let's do this princess!" Jake said with a grin, sounding much more happier than before. Hailey smiled lovingly at him as she opened up her notebook so they could make a start.

-End-