💔Don't Ever Leave Me💔

AN: This version of the song is how Jake and Hailey sang it for this oneshot. A slow ballad :)
https://youtu.be/_nD7fYIkR3k

~

"NOO! HAILEY, DON'T LEAVE ME! I NEED YOU!"

Jake screamed out as his body was raised up rapidly from the bedsheets he was just sleeping on. Jake panted heavily, rubbing off the bead of sweat that trickled down his forehead. He looked around the room that he was taking a nap in, his hands crawling up his arms as he felt the goosebumps.

It was a late, breezy evening where it had just gone past six. Jake had decided to take a short nap after a long and hard day at school. However, the teen had just suffered another nightmare throughout it.

"It-It was a..nightmare..Thank God.." Jake muttered under his breath, shaking his head in an attempt to get his senses back. Unfortunately, it had happened again. Since the incident involving Jake, the recording of him saying horrible things about the music club, particularly Hailey, and the music club leaving him, Jake had been going through continuous nightmares of the same thing happening again as it traumatized him.

Jake has been going to therapy recently to help with his mental health, and while it was working for some areas, his nightmares kept on coming.

It haunted Jake. The entire thing. From Milly slapping him, to Zander holding up the phone to his face, making Jake hear his own words, to the disappointed and betrayed looks on all their faces, but worst of all, Hailey running away from him, angry tears filling her eyes as she darted out of the club room, not even looking at Jake, signalling the last goodbye.

However, the problems have been resolved now. The music club were back on good terms with Jake and allowed him back into the band. They figured out that it was a huge misunderstanding, but the guilt was still there. It was in the back of Jake's brain. He wished he had never said and did what he did, but he cannot change the past. He can only focus on the future.

Jake took some slow, deep breaths to control his breathing. The last thing Jake wanted was for something like that to ever happen again. Especially, losing Hailey. As of now, Hailey and Jake are best friends, and are extremely close. Jake didn't want to lose her, like he did before.

Jake thought to himself for a while. He knew that he wouldn't be able to calm down by himself. He needed something. He needed someone. And, he knew exactly what and who he needed.

Hailey.

He needed Hailey.

Jake looked over at his phone that was placed on his bedside table. He struggled to reach out for it, but Jake managed, and he grasped firmly onto his phone to avoid dropping it.

His vision was quite blurry with his tears filling his eyelids. Jake blinked them back, his vision slowly returning to normal. After unlocking his password, Jake clicked onto his messages app and pressed Hailey's contact. As it popped up, Jake began texting into the chat box.

Jake:
Hailey? You there?

Jake hoped that Hailey would respond soon. He hoped she wasn't busy or anything. Thirty seconds or so flew by as Jake got a response from her, breathing out a sigh of relief.

Hailey:
Yeah? Why?

Jake:
Could you come over to mine real quick? Ik it's the evening, but I really need to talk to you. In person.

Hailey:
Um, ok? It sounds important. Give me 10 or 20.

Jake:
That's perfect. Thanks Hails..