🏳️‍🌈Coming Out To Him🏳️‍🌈

AN: Because I can if I want to mwhahahaha >:)
Ok, but in all seriousness, while I do headcanon Hailey to be straight, I can also picture her to be bisexual. So, I decided to write a oneshot because Jake having a bisexual girlfriend whom he supports, loves and adores so much really hits me in the heart. (I headcanon Jake as straight.) Also, I wrote this for my own happy bi self :>

~

Hailey Austin sat down nervously on the brown wooded bench, biting her lip. She bounced her foot up and down in its place to the point where it became hard to control. She didn't know how much longer she would have to wait for him, but it was eating her up inside.

Hailey was waiting for her beloved boyfriend, Jake Sterling. She had invited him to meet her at Rosemeadow Park because she wanted to talk to him about something. It was something important. It was something about Hailey. And it was something she had been meaning to get off her chest for a long time.

When Hailey texted Jake the other night about wanting to meet up for a conversation that needed to be done in person, he was frightened. Jake had thought he had done something bad, or that maybe Hailey didn't love him anymore and wanted to break up. However, Hailey assured him that wasn't the case and that it was about her.

The 18 year old girl continued to shuffle in her place, fearing for the worst. Hailey feared the possibility of this upcoming conversation not ending well. Nonetheless, she knows Jake is a very sweet and caring person who has a heart of gold. Maybe he could accept this..?

"I know I have to do this..Jake needs to know the truth. He's my boyfriend, and we made a promise that we wouldn't keep secrets from one another, and that we will be honest about everything no matter what. I love Jake so much...I don't want to..lose him. But, I have to tell him! Everybody else knows, and Jake deserves to be aware of it as well. Especially since he's my boyfriend and partner.."

Hailey reminded herself in her thoughts. For the sake of mutual trust in their relationship, Hailey knew this was the right thing to do. Even though coming out has always been hard for her, no matter who the person was. Hailey always had that dreadful fear that the person she was coming out to wouldn't accept her, or could possibly hate her after it. She tried to stop these negative thoughts. Jake is a good person at heart. She knows this. So, what's there to be so nervous about?

Hailey realised and had come to terms with the fact that she is bisexual when she was 15 years old. Back in middle school, one or two girls had gotten Hailey's attention, and Hailey would get butterflies whenever she saw them, or her face would go as red as a cherry. At that time, Hailey didn't admit it to herself. She was convinced she was straight and that she merely thought those girls were simply just pretty in her eyes, and that's all. She even began to think it was just a phase of hers that she would eventually grow out of.

Upon the realisation of her sexuality, Hailey told her brother, Zander. He was the first person she ever told. It was a difficult thing for her to do, much to her surprise, and considering the fact that Zander is gay himself. Hailey recalled of that moment. She remembered how she burst into tears as Zander pulled her in for an embrace, happy tears stinging his eyes as well. Of course, Zander supported his sister, and was proud of her for telling the truth. Coming out isn't always easy. It takes a lot of courage, and Zander knew exactly how it felt.

By now, Hailey's family and her entire band were aware of her sexuality. Hailey had came out to her bandmates as soon as she admitted to herself that she was bi. Jake wasn't in the band at the time. Surprisingly, some members of the band weren't all too shocked to find out. They had claimed that Hailey gave off a few hints of liking girls equally as much as boys. To this, Hailey could only chuckle in reply. Her band really did know her like the back of their hands.