💗Love Solves Everything💗

Hailey was in the kitchen and was drinking a cup of coffee. She wasn't in the best mood right now. Her and Jake were not on the best of terms at the moment. Long story short, the married couple had an argument and have not spoken a word to each other since. Hailey let out a sigh as she took another sip from her coffee mug before she placed it inside her dishwasher and turned it on.

It was pretty late into the night and it was nearly time for bed. Hailey walked out of the kitchen, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Jake had already gotten himself into bed earlier. Hailey then let out a little yawn as she walked over to her bedroom. She knew this night's sleep was going to be pretty awkward.

After checking all the lights were off, Hailey slowly opened her bedroom door and saw Jake, who was sitting up in their bed on his phone. He hadn't fallen asleep yet as she thought. Jake looked away from his phone and made eye-contact with his wife.

Awkward tension rose between the two as they both looked away from each other nervously with slight frowns. Hailey rubbed her arm while Jake placed his hand behind his neck. Hailey then soon closed the door and slowly walked over. She pulled the covers off her side of the mattress and sat in.

Jake sighed quietly as he watched Hailey drape the bedsheets over her body, laying her head down on her pillow. She faced herself away from Jake and started to close her eyes to get some sleep. Jake turned his phone off and put it on his bedside.

Before he could lay down, he fixated his eyes onto the teal-haired girl, who was still facing away from him. He brushed the strands of his hair away from his face. Jake then proceeded to open his mouth to say something.

"I love you Hailey...Goodnight.."

Hailey immediately opened her eyes in shock upon hearing her husband. Hearing Jake wish her goodnight and say he loves her made her heart skip a beat. That's when Hailey remembered. Every night, before they go to sleep, Jake always tells Hailey that he loves her and wishes her goodnight. No matter the circumstance.

Hailey felt slight tears well up in her eyes. She felt guilty. The fact that she was giving Jake the silent treatment after their argument and Jake knew she was odd at him, yet he still told her that he loves her, made Hailey just want to hug him and give him all her love.

Hailey turned around slowly and looked at Jake who was facing away from her, shutting his eyes, trying to drift off to sleep. Hailey gently pushed up to him and wrapped her arms around him, snuggling her face into him.

Jake's eyes shot open and widened upon the sudden contact and looked back, seeing his wife cuddle him affectionately. Hailey then lifted her head carefully and planted a kiss on Jake's cheek with a smile.

"I love you too Jake.."

Jake's cheeks glowed red, a smile approaching the corner of his lips. He turned around and held his arms out for an hug. Hailey instantly accepted it and embraced Jake, taking in his body heat. She rested her face against his chest, feeling Jake's hands stroke her hair lovingly.

"Hailey, I hate it when we fight. I'm really sorry. Please don't be mad at me.." Jake apologized softly. Hailey let out a little sigh.

"I'm sorry too Jake. I don't like it when we fight either. Everything's okay. Don't worry.."

Jake held onto Hailey tightly and kissed her forehead. Hailey beamed warmly at this and cuddled Jake even more. She felt extremely happy that her and Jake had made amends and were not fighting anymore. Soon enough, Jake and Hailey both closed their eyes and fell into a deep sleep, holding eachother close.

-End-