🧸Warm Cuddles🧸

The front door was pushed open, followed along with a tired sigh coming out from the person who had opened it. As she shut the door behind her, she held onto her head. She was feeling extremely drowsy, overworked, and exhausted. It was a massive relief for the girl that she was home finally.

"Hi, honey!" An ecstatic voice was called out to her which caught her attention. She glanced up for a moment and saw her adoring boyfriend named Jake walk down the stairs with a huge grin on his face. He was clearly glad to see that his girlfriend, by the name of Hailey, had made it back home.

Jake and Hailey lived together in the same house. They had decided to move in not too long ago. For them, they truly believe it was one of the best decisions they had made in their lives. The last few weeks had been a complete paradise for them. It was like they were going through their honeymoon phase, which honestly, it did feel like it.

"Hi, Jake.." She weakly smiled at him as he made it down the staircase. Secretly, she was absolutely thrilled to see him.

"How was work, Hails?" Hailey heard her partner ask. She let out another sigh, shaking her head. This made Jake become worried and his facial expression softened.

"I am just...completely wrecked from that 10 hour shift, I could die.." Hailey murmured as she folded her arms. The black handbag that she had draped over her shoulder had fallen onto the ground, which Hailey was oblivious to. She was too tired to even notice, even though her handbag carried her precious valuables.

"Oh, Hailey.." Jake went up to her, cupping one of her face cheeks. He stroked it gently, and stared hard into his girlfriend's grey eyes that seemed to have lost their usual sparkling shine. Instead, they had a sort of dullness to them. Hailey looked visibly tired. Jake noticed how she had dark, black bags underneath her eyes. He wondered to himself when was the last time Hailey got a full eight hours of sleep. It certainly wasn't recently.

Jake knew how much of a night owl Hailey was. She had a regular habit of staying up insanely late for some reason. Hailey usually stayed up until 1am or 2am, and sometimes even 3am. Jake always encouraged his lover to get her sleep that she needs, but Hailey would object and say that she's fine and doesn't want to. To this day, Jake still didn't understand why Hailey refused to sleep early for once. On the rare occasion, she would if she had work or an important event the next morning. Other than that, Hailey was practically nocturnal.

"Hailey..you look drained. You have no energy at all.." Jake whispered, showing his concern that he had for her.

"Yeah..I know. You're right. I have no energy. But, it doesn't matter. I'm just gonna finish up something for work on my laptop. It'll take me about an hour or two. I'll just head upstairs there, take a shower, and do that. I'm assuming I'll be in bed by about..midnight..? Possibly longer.."

Jake was surprised at what Hailey was saying. No way was he going to let his overworked, and bone-tired girlfriend do more work after she had just finished her shift. After seeing the state she is in, Jake knew exactly what Hailey needed, and it was the furthest thing from work.

She needed sleep.

And she needed it now.

"No, Hailey." Jake told her sternly while shaking his head. Hailey was stunned at his reply to her night plans. "You are not going to do more work. I won't allow it."

"Jake, I need to do my work. It's important. I know you don't want me to, and I understand that, but this is something I really need to do." Hailey replied to him.

"Sweetheart..look at you. You are exhausted. You've worked yourself to the bone!" Jake grasped onto Hailey's palms. "Hailey, I know you haven't been getting much sleep recently. That is what you need to do right now. You need to get some sleep, and a full eight hours of it too. Your work is important, yes. But your health and wellbeing is way more important than that. So, you are not going to do even more work. Instead, you can take your shower and we are heading straight to bed."