🍡Chewing Gum🍡

Hailey trailed inside her bedroom, a huge sigh escaping her lips. She then walked over to her bedside drawer, opening it. Hailey usually kept a packet of her favourite chewing gum, which was the flavour of bubble mint. The packet was normally left in her drawer, and it was only hers for the taking.

But this time, to her surprise, Hailey's chewing gum wasn't there. Instead, all she saw in front of her eyes was an empty packet, no gum whatsoever. Her eyebrows furrowed as she slammed her drawer shut, turning her body around.

"Jake! Come upstairs!" Hailey called out to her boyfriend.

"Okay!" She heard him reply. A foot of Hailey's tapped against the floor in a repeated pace as she crossed her arms, eyes fixed onto the door, waiting for it to soon open.

Hailey could hear Jake's footsteps coming up the staircase. She huffed, feeling irritated that this has happened for the second time in a row now. She had already told him about this before. It looks like she has to do it again.

Suddenly, the door was opened as Jake peered his head inside, his heartbeat increasing as he saw the look Hailey had displayed on her face. He knew this look all too well, and it didn't mean anything good. It meant he was in trouble.

"Jake." Hailey said, gritting through her teeth.

"Y-Yes, Hailey..?" Jake nervously answered, letting himself in through the bedroom's entrance door.

"Did you take my chewing gum again? For the second time?" Jake's eyes widened as he blushed out of embarrassment. Hailey continued to glare at him, not even blinking. If looks could kill, Jake would have been dead.

"U-Uhm..maybe..?" Jake laughed out, rubbing his neck.

"Jake, we've talked about this! That's my chewing gum and you keep stealing it for yourself!" Hailey exclaimed, clearly frustrated.

"I can't help it! It tastes so nice! This flavour is amazing!" Jake chewed a little with a smile, showing Hailey that he was chewing on the last piece of gum right now.

"Wait, you're chewing it now? When did you take it?" Jake's eyes trailed off somewhere else, avoiding his girlfriend's.

"Uh, I believe I took it 10 minutes ago.." Hailey facepalmed and groaned loudly, as Jake bit the inside of his cheek.

"Babe, you are so annoying when you do this! That's my chewing gum for myself!" Jake shrugged his shoulders and stuck his tongue out at his partner.

"Finders keepers, losers weepers." He said, folding his arms as he looked off, agitated.

Hailey thought to herself for a moment before an idea popped into her head. With a pitiful frown, she slowly walked up to her boyfriend and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You know what, Jake. It's okay. I understand you like the flavour. Maybe I overreacted.." Hailey said lowly, a tone of sadness and guilt visible in her voice. Jake's expression softened as he smiled.

"Thanks Hailey.." Hailey grinned back at him before she soon started to near his lips. Jake noticed this, and leaned in closer, their lips briskly brushing against the other.

Hailey then pressed her lips onto Jake's, her arms draping around his neck as she stood on her tiptoes. Jake closed his eyes, returning the kiss as he wrapped his arms around Hailey's waist, pulling her close.

Hailey managed to deepen the kiss, her tongue meeting with Jake's. She could taste the delectable flavour of bubble mint, which was her chewing gum. It tasted sweet, delicious, addicting.

One of Jake's hand trailed up Hailey's waist as he cupped her cheek, caressing it. The two of them had stayed like that for a minute or so before they broke apart from eachother. They shared a smile, laughing afterwards.

"I'm gonna go downstairs, okay?" Hailey said, tickling Jake's nose with hers.

"Alright, princess.." Jake murmured, beaming warmly at her as he felt her smooth strands of blue with his fingers. Hailey then pulled herself out of Jake's grasp and went over to the door, holding onto the handle and hauling it open even further.

She turned her head back around to Jake and grinned softly, seeing Jake do the same back to her. With a small giggle, she left the room, leaving Jake by himself as he chuckled under his breath.

"God, she's something else.." Jake whispered, looking down at the ground, still chuckling. Jake stayed in that position for about 30 seconds until he realised something felt off.

"Wait a minute, where's my chewing gum?!" Jake slightly yelled, no longer having the gum in his mouth. It just disappeared into thin air. Jake ran over to the door and exited out the room, before going over to the top of the stairs.

"Hailey! Did you take my chewing gum?!" He could hear Hailey laugh in response from downstairs, which made him irritated. "Hailey, I'm gonna kill you! You only kissed me to get the chewing gum from my mouth!"

"Sorry Jake! Finders keepers, losers weepers!" Jake scoffed at her reply, recalling the moment of when he said the same thing to her a few minutes back.

"You do know my mouth was on that piece of gum?!" Jake continued to shout from the top of the banister.

"So what?! It still has it's flavour!"

Jake leaned against the banister, crossing his arms as he glanced off to his side angrily, not able to accept the fact that he fell for Hailey's trick so easily.

"That's sick, Hails.."

-End-