💉The Lab Experiments💉

AN: Just a little warning that this oneshot may be triggering for sensitive readers. Please proceed with caution.

Inspired by the Roblox game 'The Russian Sleep Experiment'.

----

He sat down at his desk chair, a finger held up to his mouth as he kept his chestnut-coloured eyes glued onto the computer screen in front of him. Jake Sterling, a fellow scientist and experimenter, was in the small confines of his office. Dark, grey walls surrounded him, along with a ceiling light dimming its ivory colour down onto his body, providing him the illumination that he needed.

Right now, the blond-haired scientist was trying to complete his work, which consisted of finishing and finalising the recent experiment test logs. For Jake, he is usually assigned a lot of test subjects, and he was quite behind on completing his logs for the past ten experiments he had dealt with in the last two weeks or so.

This job was tiring.

Extremely tiring.

But most of all..

It was absolutely brutal.

Sometimes, Jake would ask himself whenever he was alone working in his dull office, why on earth did he accept this job? What the hell was he thinking? This isn't what he wanted. This was not what Jake was signing up for when he wanted to become a scientist for this lab. It was horrible, disgusting, cruel, and heartless, but Jake had no choice. He was forced to stay. It was either that, or he ends up jobless. And Jake certainly didn't want that.

Besides, at this point..

He has become accustomed to all of this.

Jake has done this job for so long now that surely he is used to it, and it doesn't affect him emotionally in any way possible.

Yes, he may think that being a scientist in this lab and the things that they perform and do in here are extremely terrible, but it's not like Jake cares. He doesn't care about any of his subjects. They don't mean anything to him. Hell, he doesn't even know them when they first arrive at the lab. They are only strangers that he just so happens to be testing some viruses on, so it's not like Jake feels any sort of sympathy or sorrow for them.

Right?

Continuous clicks coming from his keyboard could be heard as Jake pressed his fingers against the keys, the letters forming themselves on the computer screen in front of him. Jake fidgeted with his white lab coat, playing with the buttons. He could hear the rubbery squeaks come out from his blue gloves as he fiddled with a button in his grasp. He just wanted to get these experimental logs over and done with. They were so draining to do. It took up all his energy.

Matter of fact, Jake wanted to go home.

*knock knock knock*

Jake stopped, turning his head towards his door. Upon realising that somebody was outside his office, Jake rolled his eyes, not in the mood to answer it. Did whoever it was at the door not know that Jake was busy working? Jake kept on telling a lot of the other scientists that he worked alongside with that he had a ton of logs to catch up on, and how he would be stuck in his office getting them done. Did they forget about that so soon? Jake was sure he emphasised on how busy he would be, and that he didn't want any disturbances.

Though he really didn't want to, Jake decided it would probably be best to see who was trying to get his attention outside the door. With a heavy sigh and a low groan, Jake stood up from his wheeled seat, pushing it backwards. He then walked himself over to the door, let out another sigh, and pulled it open, revealing the person behind it.