🌌Cuddles At Night🌌

-2:00 A.M-

Hailey Sterling was sleeping in her bed until she was suddenly awoken by the sounds of heavy crying. She immediately sat up and turned on the bedside lamp. Hailey then turned towards her husband Jake, where she saw him sitting up in their bed, knees up, sobbing helplessly.

"Jake! What happened?! Are you okay?!" Hailey quietly exclaimed as she rushed to her husband's side, holding onto him. Jake, hearing his wife's concern, held his head up from his knees and met her gaze. His eyes were red from crying. He was shaking so much, you could hear it in his breath.

"H-Hailey..?" Jake spoke out softly as Hailey cupped his face, wiping his tears.

"It's okay baby..I'm here.." Hailey replied, giving Jake a sense of comfort. "What happened honey?" Jake held onto his knees, attempting to take some slow deep breaths in order to calm himself down.

"I-I just had a n-nightmare. That's all. I would rather not t-talk about it..It's not that big a deal.." Jake said with frequent hiccups in between.

Hailey rubbed his arm, in hopes of soothing him. "Don't worry Jake. It was only a nightmare. You're okay.."

Hailey planted a kiss on his cheek before embracing him into a hug. Jake wrapped his arms around her, managing to calm himself down. He took in the warm scent of Hailey. It was extremely soothing. He snuggled into her neck, feeling her soft strands of hair brush against his cheek.

Hailey stroked his hair lovingly, smiling as she heard Jake hum in content. They soon loosened their grips of each other and broke the hug, still keeping their hands on the other. "Thank you Hailey.." Jake said, showing appreciation for his wife as she beamed at him. "I feel a lot better.."

"Of course Jake..I'm always going to be here for you. It hurts me to see you upset..I love you so much, you don't understand.." Jake could feel his heart skip a beat at Hailey's words. He slowly cupped her face and kissed her forehead affectionately.

"I love you Hailey.."

"I love you too Jake.."

Jake soon let out a yawn, telling Hailey that he was ready to go back to sleep. Jake slowly laid his head down onto his pillow as Hailey pulled the covers over herself and Jake. She then did the same as Jake and laid her head down.

Jake carefully wrapped his arms around her, resting his head and cuddling into her chest. Hailey instantly returned the hug, hugging him tightly. She held his hand up to her lips and kissed it gently before the two drifted off to sleep.

-End-