💚Holding Hands💚

Hailey was in her science class, not paying any sort of attention to her teacher up front. The reason for this was because there was something else running through her mind. Or more so, a certain somebody.

She couldn't stop staring at him, and all his glory. Matter of fact, she couldn't stop staring at him all throughout school today. Not that she was happy about it. It really did distract the teenage girl from her schoolwork.

It was only recently she had realised her feelings for him. Out of everyone on this planet earth, she never expected Jake Sterling to be her first ever crush. It was at this moment where Hailey noticed she was still practically gawking at the singer. She instantly turned her head away from the desk next to hers, which is were Jake was situated.

"C'mon, Hailey. Get yourself together. It's only a silly little crush that will probably go away in like a few days. It's not like you're..in LOVE with him, anyways. Right..? What's even the point? He likes Daisy, doesn't he? Well, of course he does. A lot of guys like Daisy. She's beautiful, kind, golden-hearted, sweet, and just perfect in every single way. And me? Well, I'm just..a regular teenager who is nothing compared to her. I'm not drop dead gorgeous. I can have an attitude at times, and can sometimes come off as rude. And, I have so many flaws..Daisy doesn't seem to have any. It's no wonder Jake likes Daisy. She's perfect for him. His perfect girl.."

Hailey gained a frown thinking those thoughts to herself. Even though, she told herself that it was just a crush that she would soon get over, she couldn't help but be bothered at the idea of Jake dating Daisy. Sometimes, Hailey didn't understand herself. Why did Jake have to steal her heart? Why did she have to fall for him? Why was Jake so goddamn nice, charming, supportive, attractive, and just amazing in every way possible? And don't even get Hailey started on his angelic-like voice. Jake's voice is hauntingly beautiful. It could honestly trap you into a mesmerising trance. Hailey has been in that position before when she heard Jake sing for the first time when he auditioned for the music club.

The bell suddenly rang, startling Hailey as she jumped. She quickly gathered her things, and speedily walked out of the science lab. As she left the classroom, she saw Jake trail off down the hallway with Drew by his side. The two boys conversed amongst themselves, disappearing into the corridors.

Hailey sighed slowly, her legs carrying her towards the opposite direction. "I just have to accept the fact that Jake will never like someone like me, and that we'll only ever be friends. He probably sees me as a sister or something. Get over it, Hailey. And stop bloody staring at him, you idiot.."

-Later-

Hailey sat outside on the school bench in the school's gardens. She needed a breath of fresh air. She felt the school inside was too stuffy and congested for her today. Some fresh air should do the trick. Hailey felt the wind flow through her hair, brushing against her face. She zoned out for a couple of minutes, reflecting on some things.

"Hailey?"

Hailey's eyes became shocked upon hearing her name being called out abruptly. She glanced up and saw her friend, bandmate, and crush. Jake Sterling, who was looking down at her, both confusingly and concerned.

"Hey, princess? Are you okay? How come you're sitting outside here by yourself?" Jake asked, clearly worried. Hailey blushed, trying to look away without Jake noticing to prevent him from seeing her red cheeks.

"Oh my God. He just has to use that nickname again. Little does he know that it drives me crazy inside when he calls me that.."

Hailey turned back towards him, smiling slightly. "Oh, Jake! I'm fine! Don't worry about it. I'm just sitting out here to get some fresh air. The school is incredibly stuffy inside. The teachers should really open the windows for more ventilation, haha.." Hailey replied nervously. She then watched as Jake sat down next to her, biting his lip for some reason.

"Hailey, did I do something? You've been..pretty distant with me for a few days? What's up with that..?" Jake questioned Hailey's strange behaviour. Hailey grew all the more anxious, trying to think of an excuse.

"Oh, I don't know Jake. It's totally not because I have a huge crush on you, and I don't want you to figure out my feelings that I harbour for you.."

"Oh no! You didn't do anything. You're alright. I-I didn't mean to be distant with you or anything. I'm sorry if I came off like that..I'm not like mad at you..Everything's okay.." Hailey responded with a shy smile. Jake breathed out a sigh of relief, chuckling afterwards which made Hailey's heartbeat skyrocket.

"Oh, okay! That's good. For a moment there, I thought I did something to you, since you gave me the idea that you were annoyed at me. I don't want anything to destroy the relationship that we have between us-"

"Relationship? Who said anything about a relationship?!"

Hailey blurted out, cutting Jake off his sentence. She covered her mouth in embarrassment, blushing an intense shade of pink. She whipped her head around away from Jake's face, avoiding his gaze. Her nervousness got the best of her. Jake stared at her in complete surprise before soon breaking into laughter.

"God, Hailey. You're hilarious.." Jake laughed out, causing Hailey to turn back around to him.

"You're laughing..?" She asked him in confusion.

"Yeah, where the hell did that come from?! That was sudden. It honestly scared me!" Jake continued to laugh, which made Hailey giggle a bit as well, sheepishly.

"S-Sorry..I didn't mean to startle you like that..I don't know what came over me..I'm sorry.." She apologised to him, stroking her arm.

"Nah, it's fine. You don't need to say sorry. It was funny!"

Jake and Hailey soon proceeded to gaze at the beautiful view before them. The clear blue sky, with its soft, fluffy white clouds. The bright green grass with many colourful flowers covering it. The small, fragile butterflies fluttering gracefully in the breeze. It was breathtaking.

Jake glanced down at Hailey's hand which was resting onto the bench. He saw Hailey gaze up at the sky, her attention clearly paid onto it. Slowly, Jake moved his hand closer to hers, almost touching it. Mere seconds went on by before he gently joined his hand with hers, grasping onto it firmly as he squeezed it softly.

Hailey's eyes widened as she immediately looked down at their hands. Was Jake holding her hand? She had no idea what to do. Her whole body felt warm inside as her cheeks stung. Her eyes soon met Jake's as she saw him beam at her lovingly. Seeing that, Hailey returned it, her palm soon gripping onto his. The two singers then resumed watching the stunning view in front of them, their hands held tightly onto the other.

-End-