🍋Lemon Boy🍋

"Well done, everyone! We sounded amazing!"

The music club's president praised her bandmates with a huge smile. She received grins from them as well in return. They all took a moment to relax and loosen up their muscles from the hard practice session they just had.

"Of course we did! We're the best band there is here!" Milly cheered, holding her electric guitar high in the air, which had almost hit Zander in the face behind her.

"That was a lot of fun as well, everyone!" Sean added on, seeing many heads nod in agreement at his statement.

The entire club soon became engulfed in eachother's compliments and praises. As of now, they were having their daily band rehearsals that they usually have during lunchtime at 12:30pm. While the club started to converse with one another, turning themselves around to face somebody else who could be behind them, Hailey spaced out to herself for a little bit.

Truth be told, something had been on the back of her mind for quite a while now, though she hadn't mentioned it to any of her band members. Of course she wanted to. It wasn't anything bad anyways. It was just the reaction she would receive from them. Would they agree with her, or go against it? She didn't know.

However, she had plans to tell them today.

"Hey, um guys? Can I say something there..?" Hailey spoke up loudly enough for everyone to hear. All heads turned around to her with eyes blinking in confusion.

"What is it, Hails?" Luke broke the silence for them all. Hailey rubbed her neck nervously, showing them all a sheepish smile on her face.

"Well, this has been on the back of my mind for a while now. I've been meaning to tell you guys this for what feels like centuries. It's nothing bad though! It's more so..an idea, or maybe something we could try.." Hailey said for her starter. Nobody said anything afterwards. Instead, they remained quiet and waited for Hailey to finish off what she wanted to say and to show where she was going with this.

"Now..this may come as a surprise, and before I reveal this, I just wanna say that all of us are so strong and talented already on our own. There's no doubt about that. But.."

"But..?" Zander chimed in, raising an eyebrow suspiciously. He proceeded to fold his arms also as he stared hard at his sister. He could see how Hailey seemed to fidget in her place. She played with her fingers and avoided eye-contact.

"I think..we should get another addition to our band. More so..a lead singer preferably..?" Hailey admitted to her friends, finally looking back up at them. She could see the perplexed expressions on each of their countenances, which is what she was expecting to get anyways.

"A..lead singer..?" Zander muttered in curiosity. Luke scratched his head while Milly and Sean gave a quick glance at one another. "Hailey..you're an incredible singer yourself! Why on earth would we need a new addition to our band when we are fine being just the five of us? You have such a talented voice. Why would we need one..?"

Hailey blinked her eyelids, and didn't meet her brother's lavender irises. "Zander..you know me and my stage fright. I can't control this fear of mine. I think..somebody else out there would be better as the lead singer for this band. Not to mention, it would be beneficial for us all.."

"And..who out there in this school would be better as our lead singer..?" Sean popped in, readjusting his headphones that hung around his neck.

The room went quiet for a few seconds or so as everyone waited for Hailey to answer the question that was just given to her. The band could see how Hailey was taking these mere seconds to process, clearly thinking about how she should phrase her answer. They waited patiently and awaited for a response.