🌈I Dream Of You In Colours That Don't Exist🌈

AN: Original idea/video by Rei_theJaileysimp

~

Hailey stared into the sun, its yellowish-amber light shining right back at her. As of the moment, Hailey was on the school rooftop, reflecting. She could feel the gale run through her hair, making it dance with the wind.

She didn't really know why she was on the rooftop in the first place. Maybe it was because she wanted some time to reflect? Maybe because the atmosphere around her was quite calm, quiet, and soothing. Hailey didn't know. She was just there, standing aimlessly, on the roof.

However, it did feel like she was in some sort of dream..

"Hailey..?"

Hailey's eyes went slightly wide. Did someone just call her name? She believed that she was all alone. Not to mention, that voice sounded all too familiar.

Curious, Hailey turned her head around, her dark eyes meeting with light ones in return. There, she saw Jake Sterling, who was keeping his soft brown eyes on her, a confused gaze held on his face.

"Jake..?" Hailey gently spoke out, brushing a strand of her blue hair behind an ear. "What are you doing here..?"

Jake's lips curved into a smile, which was enough to make Hailey's heart ping in adoration. "Looking for you, actually..." Jake stroked his neck, a hand of his digging into one of the pockets of his navy-blue jacket.

"How come..? Do you need me for something?" Hailey asked him. She could feel some sort of tension arise between the two of them for some apparent reason. This tension only increased even more when Jake began to slowly walk over to her, not saying a single word in reply.

Hailey grew stiff. Frozen. Like she couldn't move. As she stood in her place, Jake only lingered closer and closer towards her. Hailey questioned his behaviour to herself. Why wasn't he speaking? Why was he growing nearer and nearer towards her? She didn't understand it.

It wasn't long before Jake was now insanely close to her, to the point where their lips were just mere inches away from touching. It made Hailey blush a deep shade of scarlet red. She could feel her heart race. Why was Jake acting like this? And, why was he so close? Usually, whenever someone was in Hailey's personal space, she would tell them to back up and out of her bubble. But now, something inside her made her not want to do that when Jake did it.

Suddenly, Jake hooked Hailey's chin, lifting it up slightly so that their eyes were aligned with eachother. Hailey gulped, both intrigued and nervous. Jake's strange ways and behaviour made her curiosity spark, which was why she wasn't doing really anything in her power to question or stop him.

Though, Hailey was about to speak up and say something, but before she could, Jake wrapped a hand around her waist, pulling her body even more closer to his. Their chests were now pressed up against one another's. Jake still kept his fingers gripped onto Hailey's chin, gazing deep into her irises. The stare he showed on his countenance looked serious, determined.

Hailey could feel Jake's hot breath on her lips, making her melt. It was absolutely bewildering to the girl on how close the two of them were right now. There was definitely no space between them. Like they were stuck together. Hailey had her palms held onto Jake's shirt tightly. She could pick up the faint scent of his cologne, and it smelt gorgeous to her. Addicting, even.

Finally, after all this time, Hailey opened her mouth up to speak.

"Jake..? What are you trying to-"

She was then cut off her sentence. It had all happened too fast. Too fast for her brain to process. Her heart stopped at that moment. Her eyes were completely wide in both shock and surprise. She couldn't believe this was happening, nor did she ever think this would ever happen. It felt passionate, loving, and it was filled to the brim with intensity. She couldn't even put it into words, or fathom it out.

But, she did know one thing.

Jake..

...

Was kissing her.

---

Hailey's eyes shot open in a haste, her head raised up from her arms just a little. Taking in her surroundings, Hailey fully lifted her head up from the table she was just resting on. She took a few glances here and there, trying to process the current situation she was in right now.

That's when it hit her.

All of what had just happened, was only just a dream.

A line of blush spread out across Hailey's cheeks upon the realisation. She couldn't believe she had just dreamt that. It all felt so real, like it did truly happen. Unfortunately, it didn't. But at the same time, this became confusing for the teal-haired girl.

Like..

Why did she have that dream?

Hailey held her hand up to her mouth, biting her lip in embarrassment. "What the hell was that all about..?" She could only ask herself in her thoughts. "Did I really just have a dream of Jake and I...kissing?"

Hailey then proceeded to hold onto her head, her eyes staring down at her table. The blush on her face didn't leave at all. Instead, it stayed right there in its place.

"I never have dreams like that.." Hailey spoke to herself under her breath. "So, why did I have that kind of dream? Not to mention, it was with Jake..! Don't I only see him as a friend? Well, clearly not, as I just had that dream about him and I. God, if Jake were to ever find out about this, he would probably think I'm such a weirdo or creep for it.."

"I would think you're a weirdo or creep for what..?"

Hailey froze on the spot. That voice. Oh God, that voice. That voice sounded just like the last person she wanted to see as of now. Hesitantly, she looked up, and sure enough, there he was. Jake Fucking Sterling.

"Hailey..? Were you just talking to yourself, about me..?" Jake asked, looking down at the musician. He could notice how embarrassed and nervous she looked.

"O-Oh! Jake..! Hi..Um, n-no, I wasn't talking about you! I was talking about..another Jake I know!" Hailey made up an excuse, chuckling sheepishly.

"Another Jake..?" Jake raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"You're not the only one on this planet Earth called Jake, you know..?" Hailey stared at him with an unamused look on her face.

"Yeah..I know that. But, you said that 'Jake' would think of you as a weirdo or creep for something. What's that all about? And who even is this 'other Jake' that you know..?" Jake folded his arms, awaiting for an answer.

"It's..It's none of your business..!" Hailey exclaimed just a bit, standing up from her seat. Jake stared back at her in puzzlement, watching Hailey soon walk out of the room and away from him. This was suspicious. Jake knew he didn't believe Hailey. She was clearly lying. He doesn't even know another person named Jake in their year anyways. Sure, there was a chance that there was, but not what Jake knew of.

"She was definitely talking about me.." Jake mumbled to himself quietly, scratching his head. It wasn't long before he too exited out the room, leaving it to be empty.

-End-