🤍His Cozy, Navy Jacket🤍

It was another regular day at Rosemeadow High School. Today is Wednesday, meaning the students and teachers are in the middle of the school week, and are powering through it. Only two more days to go, and the weekend will make its arrival.

Hailey Austin was at her locker, sorting out her books for the next class that was upcoming. She stored some books away, and took a few with her. Once that was all done, Hailey closed her locker, sighing.

Today was a pretty chilly day. The temperatures were pretty low outside. Everybody in the school were wrapped up in their jackets or hoodies in order to avoid the cold weather. Well, almost everybody. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case for Hailey.

Hailey had forgotten to bring her pink cardigan that she usually wears to school today. All of her friends knew that she always wears it, no matter what. However, since Hailey was in quite a rush this morning, she had completely forgotten to slip it on. Now, it was just sitting in her bedroom at home. Hailey wished she had it with her. It was absolutely freezing.

Hailey shivered. The cold atmosphere was really getting to her. She hated it. She despised being cold. It was an unpleasurable feeling on her body. She could feel all the goosebumps form on her skin. It made her shudder even more. Hailey really wished the school could crank up the heaters a bit more. Obviously, this wasn't doing enough for her. She had no idea on how she is supposed to walk home in this weather once school is over without her cardigan.

"I am literally going to freeze to death after school.." Hailey mumbled under her breath. She groaned, her body shivering once again. "Of course, the one day I forget my cardigan, it's like minus a million degrees out there.."

Unbeknownst to the teal-haired girl, someone was coming up behind her. He noticed how she was standing all alone by her locker, clearly looking stressed. Curious and concerned for his friend, he decided to check up on her, and make sure she is doing okay.

"Hey, Hailey!" He greeted her with a cheerful smile displayed proudly on his face. This got Hailey's attention, making her turn herself away from her locker.

"Oh, hey Jake!" Hailey replied back, attempting to form a smile, although she wasn't in the best mood. Nonetheless, she tried anyway for her friend and bandmate.

"What's up? Are you doing alright?" Jake dug his hands into his pockets, leaning against the locker.

"Yeah, I guess.." Hailey muttered, diverting her eyes towards the floor. She kicked the ground in a huff, avoiding Jake's light brown irises.

"You don't seem alright. What's wrong?" Jake folded his arms, slightly approaching the girl in front of him. Hailey bit her lip, figuring she may as well tell him the truth and answer his question properly.

"Let's just say...I'm freezing to death.." Hailey groaned, rubbing her arms. "You've heard about the temperatures. They are low. I've told you this before but, I get cold very easily. And to make things even worse, I forgot my pink cardigan today! I was in quite a rush this morning, thanks to Zander. I hate it so much..I just want some bloody warmth!" Hailey spilled out all her emotions, the rubbing on her arms becoming even faster. It was clear that she was desperate for some heat.

Jake's lips curved into the shape of a frown. He hated seeing his friend in this state. Hailey didn't deserve to feel this way. She needed warmth, and she needed it now. Jake was aware of the fact that Hailey walks home from school everyday. How was she going to manage this?

Jake pondered to himself. He had to do something. Even if it wasn't something major, he wanted to help Hailey in any way possible. After a minute or so of silence, Jake couldn't help but look down at his jacket. His navy-blue jacket. The jacket that he always wore. Nearly everyone in their year knew about this particular jacket, as Jake wore it everyday. Taking notice of his coat, an idea entered Jake's mind. He didn't know if Hailey would agree, but it was worth a try.