🧹Exertion🧹

Hailey Sterling was sitting down on her milky white sofa, reading a book in hand, flicking through the pages from time to time. Her back was rested up against a cushion. Besides music, Hailey had always found reading a bit relaxing. She could say to herself that Zander had rubbed off her a little bit. Her reading was soon interrupted by some noises that came from her kitchen. Closing her book, Hailey rose up from the sofa and walked off to find the source of what she was hearing, leaving her book behind.

Hailey soon made it to the kitchen and peeked in from outside. There, she saw her husband, Jake Sterling, who was wiping down one of the kitchen countertops with some disinfectant. Hailey assumed the past noises she was hearing was from Jake putting utensils away back into their respective places.

"You're still doing housework?" Hailey suddenly spoke out, startling her spouse a little. He turned his head around and met his gaze with his wife.

"Oh, babe..You startled me.." Jake said quietly with a little smile.

"Sorry honey.." Hailey replied with a small grin before walking herself into the kitchen. "Jake, you've been doing housework since morning. Don't you think you've done enough? I don't want you to exert yourself to the bone.." Hailey said, placing her hand onto Jake's shoulder.

Jake looked at her with a tiny smile as he chuckled quietly to himself. "Oh, come on Hails. You do so much hard work here! I can't let you do all the work yourself! I want to help too, princess."

With that, Jake turned around and continued cleaning the countertop. Hailey could feel her heart skip a beat. She placed her hands onto her chest as she felt it race. She was seriously in love with this guy like mad. How had she not fallen for him since when they had first met? She assumed it was because Jake used to bully her in high school. But Hailey knew she would be lying if she said she didn't find him attractive.

"Oh, sweetheart.." Hailey said with a huge smile spreading across her cheeks. She went up to his side and wrapped her arms around his. She went on her tippy toes and planted a warm kiss on his cheek.

Jake blushed from the sudden affection but soon smiled from the kiss. "What was that for?" Jake asked Hailey with a grin as he looked into her eyes which he could honestly see a sparkle in.

"You're just too sweet, but please don't tire yourself down.." Hailey replied with a calming tone. "Want to continue watching that series you like on Netflix? Stranger Things?"

Jake smiled at the suggestion and put his tablecloth down. "Sure, baby..I'd love to..I see where you're going with this~" Jake said with a flirtatious smirk. Hailey looked at him with a confused look before her face turned a bright red, understanding what her husband meant.

"Oh my god, shut up you dork!" Hailey blurted out, absolutely flustered. Jake laughed at Hailey's reaction before opening up some cabinets to get some snacks for their little 'Netflix and Chill' night as Jake implied.

"You go on into the living room. Turn on the TV while I get the snacks ready. How about that?" Jake questioned to which Hailey nodded in response. Hailey soon left the room, leaving Jake smirk to himself.

"God, I love that woman.." Jake muttered slightly before he continued getting the snacks ready, taking them out from their cabinets.

-End-