🌃Quality Time In Bed🌃

The evening had just passed by, and now it was pretty late at night. The time had gone past 10. Jake, who was watching the TV, was on Disney + where he was just finishing up a movie. He was close to falling asleep on the couch. Jake then let out a huge yawn seeing the end credits roll, telling him that the movie was over.

Jake picked up the remote from the table that was in the living room and switched off the TV. He slowly got himself up from the couch and made his way on over to his bedroom to catch some sleep for the night.

As he opened his bedroom door, his gaze fell upon his wife Hailey, who was sitting up in their bed with a book in hand, reading peacefully as she flicked over to the next page. She looked up curiously to the door, gaining a smile seeing her husband close the door behind him before beaming back at her.

"Reading a little bedtime story to yourself, princess?" Jake jokingly asked with a smirk. Hailey giggled quietly before she pulled the covers off the other side of the bed next to her. She patted it, signalling Jake to get into bed with her. He walked over as she requested and got into the covers with her, sitting up as well.

He pushed up next to her and started to rest his head onto her shoulder, his eyes reading the words that were on her book. Hailey glanced over at him, snuggling into him as she turned over another page.

Soon, Jake and Hailey were reading together in silence. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing. Hailey was resting her head onto his, her cheeks feeling his soft strands of hair. Jake's hair always managed to smell so nice.

Hailey then soon heard Jake let out a sleepy yawn, rubbing his right eye. "Do you want to sleep, honey?" Hailey asked him quietly as Jake nodded in response. With that, Jake slowly raised his head up from Hailey's shoulder, pulling the bedsheets over his body as he settled in. Hailey smiled warmly at this, watching Jake slip under the covers, placing his head onto the pillow and drifting off to sleep.

Hailey slowly planted a kiss onto her husband's cheek before closing her book and putting it away into her bedside drawer. Hailey then nestled into the bed, closed her eyes, and fell asleep by Jake's side.

-End-