🫧Complicated Feelings🫧 (Pt. 2)

AN: Happy Valentine's Day! Here's Pt. 2!

Ships featured:
-Jake x Daisy (Jaisy)
-Sean x Daisy (Saisy)

~

Love.

Why must love continue to be so difficult?

Why must love continue to be so hard to deal with?

Why must love continue to be so complicated?

These questions that desperately wanted answers ran through Hailey's mind. She sobbed into her pillow, its fabric becoming more and more moist with her helpless, clear tears. She was trying to regain control of her breathing, but found her attempts to be all in vain. Nothing could stop her tears from pouring out her eyes.

After Jake had left her home in a fit of anger and sadness, Hailey had been crying non-stop. She didn't want to believe it. She couldn't bring herself up to accept the fact that the person whom she had loved and adored for a long while, didn't love her back. Even though he is in a relationship, Hailey still had hope. She still thought that maybe she had a chance, and that Jake and her could potentially get together. Looks like she was wrong.

But then, why did he kiss her? Not once, but twice. They kissed twice. If Jake doesn't love her, then why did he kiss her? Hailey did not know. She wished she did, but she didn't. Did she want an answer? Absolutely. But Jake refused to give her a proper one.

"The kiss meant nothing."

"It meant absolutely nothing."

"We were just being idiots."

Those words haunted Hailey. The words Jake spewed out at her, jabbing her right in the heart. It was pierced, split into two. Would it ever be put back together again into one whole piece? Who knows.

As Hailey continued to cry into her pillowcase, a sudden, loud knocking noise could be heard on her door. Hailey froze, growing silent. She glanced up from her damp pillow, and stared at the door, wondering who it could be outside.

"Hailey?! Hailey, it's me!! Open the door! Are you okay?! I heard you crying! Please, open the door!"

Hailey sat up from her bed, wiping away the tears from her face. It was Zander who was banging at the door. Of course it was. Hailey couldn't deny the fact that she was being quite loud during her meltdown. Zander also must've seen Jake leave the house in the state he was in. He was downstairs after all.

As Zander resumed to call out to his sister, begging her to let him in, Hailey zoned out, wondering if she wanted someone with her right now. Though a part of herself wanted to be alone, the other part did want some comfort from somebody she loved and trusted. That, being Zander. Her beloved brother.

"Y-You..can come in. The door isn't locked.." Hailey spoke out meekly, sniffling. Once he heard the response, Zander pushed the door wide open. When he glanced straight ahead of him, all he saw was his sister, looking completely broken. The tear stains on her countenance and pillow, her obsidian eyes bloodshot from crying, her rosy cheeks all puffed up. Zander's heart shattered in utter pain.

"Hailey!" He ran over to her immediately, taking her into his arms. Zander sat down onto the mattress, his arm huddling around her shoulder. Hailey snuggled into her brother, his warmth giving her some consolation. "What happened?! Why are you crying?!"

It took Hailey some seconds to respond. She wasn't sure if she should let Zander know about what happened. He would most definitely have a bad reaction to it, knowing how protective he can get. But then again, what was the point of lying? Zander has already caught her. What excuse could she make up to cover up a mental breakdown like this?