🩷If You Love Me For Me🩷 (Pt. 1)

*RING*

Rosemeadow High School's blaring bell rang its loud audio throughout the building, signalling the end of the current classes that were taking place for its students. Several classroom doors were heaved open as tired teenagers walked out their respective rooms that they just had their lessons in. Classes weren't over just yet for lunchtime. They still had one more class to go before then.

Though the students were almost halfway there, it felt like the school day had only just begun.

She readjusted her reading glasses that were displayed on her countenance as she took a few steps out of her classroom. She just had English, which was one of her favourite subjects, as a matter of fact. She then sighed to herself as she carried two to three books in both her hands. Though she was a good student that had fairly impressive grades, lessons were still quite draining for the girl, despite being one of the top students in some of her classes.

The girl's name was Hailey, and she was someone that liked to keep herself to herself. School was alright for her. It wasn't like she hated it. She had some friends, and definitely wouldn't perceive herself as a 'loner'. Hailey was pretty happy in her school, she thinks. The work handed by teachers was manageable to her, and she got along well with others. She isn't someone that she deemed to be popular in her year group on her own. She was only really known by her fellow peers because of one specific reason, or more so, a specific person.

Hailey had plans to go to her locker as she started to make her way away from the room she had just exited out of. Some people shoved past her as she tried to fight through the busy hallways that were packed with students. It was a bit of a challenge, but she got through it and it didn't take long until her path was finally clear.

A corkboard was shown in plain sight on a wall of the corridors Hailey was passing through. She caught a glimpse of a certain poster from the corner of her eye that was on the board. The poster showed off an announcement of the upcoming prom night that was going to be taking place in Rosemeadow High School next Friday night.

Hailey stared at the poster, reading every word as she clutched onto her schoolbooks. She already was aware of this event that made students brim with excitement. However, whenever Hailey passed it, she couldn't help but gaze at the flyer every single time. She then began to think to herself, a low sigh escaping her lips.

"I...really hope he asks me to the prom..."

Hailey heard her own voice say in her mind. She stood there on the spot for a few seconds before walking off again. Prom was something that had been on her mind for a while now. Usually, Hailey wouldn't be interested in something like this as it wasn't her type of thing, but if she was being honest, she did want to attend this special occasion. She figured that maybe it could be fun for her, and Hailey did think that she may need to get out a bit more and mingle with others. There was something else as well. She didn't want to attend this extraordinary night alone.

She wanted a partner.

Someone special to attend the prom with.

And she already had her eyes set on a particular person.

Hailey continued to trail throughout the hallways until she caught sight of her locker after a minute or two. She grinned, as she had wanted to store the books she had been carrying in her hands safely inside it. Hailey started to walk towards her locker, knowing she would have to be relatively quick while doing so as the next class would start soon, and the last thing Hailey wanted was to be late.

Suddenly, Hailey tripped on the ground, dropping her textbooks, causing them to be scattered about the place. Her glasses also fell off her face onto the floor as Hailey slightly sat up from the fall, looking behind her. There, she saw a classmate of hers looming above her as he smirked down at the girl with the azure-coloured hair. She heard a small chuckle come out from him as he folded his arms. Hailey didn't even know this person. He was just someone that was in one or two of her classes. There was only one thing Hailey knew though. This individual had just tripped her over.