🌠Come Home Soon🌠

It was a dark and breezy night, and the clock was nearly close to striking ten. Grey clouds covered the night stars as the moon had just managed to seep its light through.

Jake Sterling was in the front seat of his best friend Drew's car, followed by his other friends Liam and Henry who were both sitting in the backseats while Drew was driving the vehicle. The four of them were having their boys' night out that had started a few hours ago in the evening. Right now, they were laughing like mad and enjoying themselves as they went where the night took them. However, Jake was keeping track of the time, and soon took notice that it was nearly ten o' clock.

After getting himself together, he quietened down his friends from their fits of laughter for them to listen to him. "Hey lads, listen here. I should probably head home now.." Jake said, turning his head around to Liam and Henry in the back as Drew drove down the road.

"What?! Why?" Henry asked the latter, leaning forward in his seat.

"We're having so much fun though! It's only nearly 10pm! That's way too early for us boys to end our night out! Especially for one of us to depart and head back home! You know we can't do a boys' night out without all four of us.." Liam joined in, gripping onto the passenger seat in front of him, which was Jake's.

Drew turned his eyes slightly towards Jake's direction, still keeping his gaze fixed onto the road. "Why, bro? Why do you wanna go home? I mean, like the guys said. It's only nearly ten.." Drew said, making a turn to the right as he did.

"I need to head back to Hailey.." Jake replied, rubbing his neck.

"Why? I'm sure your wife is fine, bro! Okay, it's kind of late at night, I get that. But, I'm sure she's grand!" Liam leaned back into the seat, resting his arms behind his head.

"Well, it's not exactly that..It doesn't matter, I need to go home..Hailey wants me home by now. Drew, drive back to my place." Jake said, crossing his arms.

Drew, Liam and Henry stared at the 24 year old in confusion, wondering why Hailey wanted him home at a certain time. "You have a curfew? Pfft..!" Liam laughed, which caused Henry to giggle a bit as well. Jake's cheeks flushed red in embarrassment.

"No! It's not a curfew..!"

"Then tell us dude! What is it? Why does Hailey want you home? Why do you need to go back to her?" Henry questioned, still slightly snickering to himself. "Tell us, or you're staying in this car with us, and we'll head to a bar or something.."

"Henry, we just came back from a nightclub.." Henry shrugged at Drew's comment.

"So what?"

Jake groaned and facepalmed, hitting his countenance a small bit. He then looked up from his palm and made eye-contact with his friends. "Fine. I'll tell you, but I'm warning you guys now. When listening, don't you dare make any sort of joke or make fun of my wife when I tell you, or I swear to God.."

The three boys gulped nervously before nodding their heads with a sheepish smile. They know that Jake has a tendency of being protective over his wife Hailey, especially since they used to bully her back in high school. Now that they are adults, they have matured and are now on good terms with the music club and Hailey, but Jake is still extremely sceptical and protective when it comes to Hailey. Whenever Hailey is in a situation where she is left alone with Jake's friends, Jake always warns the boys to not do or say anything that could hurt Hailey or her feelings, or else.

Jake let out a sigh as he looked out the glass window. He watched the passing cars drive on by the vehicle they were in, the ominous, dark clouds in the night sky, the city lights displaying a beautiful view from afar, he caught sight of it all.