chapter five

sooae's pov

i got home, feeling very tired. today, is just not the day for me. that bad dream ruined everything. and today, i didn't even get to say 'hi' to jeonghan.

i then took my phone. and, i saw a text from vernon.

hansol bff 💫🌟 : hey, what are you doing?

i saw that he's online right now, so i decided to call him.

after the third ring, he picked up the call.

vernon: hello?
sooae: hello, hansol.
vernon: are you okay? why are you calling?

i then went silent. not knowing what to say. until i realized, that i was crying,

vernon: h-hey are you okay? why are you crying?

i didn't say anything. only the sound of me sobbing that can be heard.

vernon: stay there, i'm coming.

he said as he ended the call.

why am i so stupid? wonwoo cheated on me. and i'm crying because of him? no. this cannot be. i like jeonghan. yes, only jeonghan.

even though how bad he treated me, i don't care. atleast, he didn't betray me. i know jeonghan is actually very kind. just- he needs a little more time to develop feelings for me.

"hey, may i come in?" hansol's voice coming from outside of my room.

"um." i replied.

he then sat on my bed, next to me. i looked at him.

and start to cry on his shoulder. he's a bit surprised but he hugged me and patted my head.

"cry as many as you want. tell me everything later, okay?"

i nodded. after a few minutes, i started to feel better, so i stopped crying.

"hansol, i'm sorry for making you worried."

"it's okay. now tell me, what's wrong? who hurt you? did you get bullied at your current school?"

i shook my head.

"no. it's just... i dreamt of wonwoo yesterday. and that made me feel down."

he looked inside my eyes and cupped both of my cheeks with his hands.

"look. i know what he has done to you is very wrong. but please, forgive him. trust me, it'll be the only way for you to forget him. i'm your bestfriend, i don't like to see you being sad like this, okay?"

"thanks for your advice hansol,"

"and.. why don't you try to find a new crush at your school..? maybe, it can help."

and, that made me drew a big smile. i haven't told vernon about jeonghan.. yet. heheh, i'm sure it'll make him suprised.

"uhm, yes. i do have a crush."

"WHAT THE HECK?!? YOU DIDN'T EVEN TOLD ME?!?"

i just giggled at his reaction.

"uh.. i forgot."

he rolled his eyes.

"you know what, it's actually getting so late right now, so i'll sleep here."

i nodded.

"cool."

then, my eyelids started to feel heavy. and, i slept at his chest while his hands hugging my waist.