chapter forty one

wonwoo's pov

a week has passed and it seems like there's nothing has really going well for me and sooae. it seems like she's avoiding me.

two days ago, she even asked the teacher to exchange my seat with mingyu which i accidentally heard her say conversation with our teacher before she went home.

also, there's this one guy. his name is jeonghan. i don't know why, but, my instinct said that i should make sooae to stay away from him. i just.. don't like him. without any reason.

so, today.. i decided to talk to sooae. about me. about us.

"you guys can go out for lunch." the teacher said.

and that's it, i walked to the canteen bought some foods and sit on a table with mingyu and jeonghan. yes, we're friends but i don't like him. it seems like he clicked well with mingyu, so.. i'll just let him be.

i looked at the table next to us. there were sooae and her friends joshua and dokyeom. it seems like they didn't like me and i think what mingyu said before might be right.

"are you looking at her?" mingyu asked and  i just nodded.

"who?" jeonghan interferes.

"sooae." i replied.

"you know her?" jeonghan asked again. i just nodded.

after that, i saw sooae stood up from her seat to put the plate that she used. when she's on her way back to her table, i spoke.

"sooae." she looked at me. the whole canteen was looking at us too since we're at the center of the canteen.

"till when?"

"huh? what are you trying to say?" she replied as her eyes keep on looking at the table that i was sitting at.

"till when are you going to treat me like this?"

"wonwoo-" i hold both of her wrists.

jeonghan's pov

i looked at sooae and wonwoo from the distance.

"why is he holding her hands?" i asked mingyu.

"she's his ex girlfriend."

oh.

"sooae, i know what i've done to you was wrong. i was stupid. but, i promise that i won't do anything like that before again. please, everyone deserves a second chance. you don't know how hard was my life without you. it felt like my life is incomplete." and he cried.

sooae looked at her with a worried eye.

"jeonghan, i really like you."

the words that she used to say before suddenly came into my mind.

"wonwoo.."

"i'm really sorry sooae."

and with that, she pulled his nape and closed the gap between them. it felt like yesterday when that lips met mine.

"it's okay, wonwoo. i trust you, never ever let me down,okay?"

with that, i felt the urge to cry and it seems like the word has fallen apart.