chapter forty four

sooae's pov

8.00 p.m.

"i should give vernon a call before i go to sleep."

you started a voice call

sooae: yo
vernon: what? i'm tired, you know that i just got home after a e-sport league right?
sooae: i know, that's why i'm calling you
vernon: what?

i rolled my eyes.

sooae: stop being so annoying
vernon: okay, okay. i'm sorry. what is it?
sooae: actually i have forgiven wonwoo.
vernon: um, that's great then.
sooae: and he's my boyfriend once again
vernon: WHAT SOOAE?!?! CONGRATS!
sooae: i know, thank you. i actually one to tell you about this earlier but you were so busy so i don't want to disturb you.
vernon: i see, so.. how long have you guys been together again?
sooae: uhm.. two weeks.
vernon: that's great then, i pray your happiness sooae.

*****

author's pov

everyone has arrived at the festival. jeonghan was so  immersed with his surrounding which is colourful and the school also offered a lot of booths with different things were sold on it.

when he saw joshua, dokyeom and mingyu walking together he immediately go to their direction.

"oh, hi jeonghan." all of them greeted.

"hi. mingyu, you're here too?" he asked.

"yeah, wonwoo has forgotten about me." mingyu replied while rolling his eyes and jeonghan just giggled at him.

sooae. he can't stop thinking about her since last night.

when he titled his head to another side, he saw sooae smiling happily with wonwoo while eating something.

"i'm happy as long as you are happy." he thought while smiling.

"guys, let's go to the stage." joshua said to them.

"why?" jeonghan asked.

"i'll perform a song." and they all sat infront of the stage while waiting for joshua to sing a song.

everyone was so quiet when joshua stepped infront. jeonghan, dokyeom and sooae cheered for him from their seats.

jeonghan then took out his phone. he thought that joshua willl probably singing sunday morning once again. but he paused his movements and locked his eyes at the stage when he heard an unfamiliar music intro.

"and i could say i'd never dare to think about you in that way but, i will be lying."

and, everything faded. he didn't heard anything and he's on his own world.

"jeonghan i really like you"

"a cup of latte is fine, right?"

"you're cute."

"you're voice is soothing. sing for me more"

"thanks for everything."

and it stopped there. the lyrics. his heart started beating incredibly fast and heavy. when he turned his head to sooae's direction once again, he saw wonwoo was laying on her lap but he's not happy seeing that.

he said that he'll be happy if sooae is happy. but, at that moment he finally realised his feelings towards her.

"i think i like you sooae. but, i know everything is too late now."