chapter twenty eight

sooae's pov

while jeonghan's playing, i took my phone and secretly recorded him. yes, again. i don't care if my phone storage is going to be full if it's him.

and not long after that, joshua and dokyeom has finally arrived. all of them bought a gift for me and that made me so happy until the point that my eye's starting to get teary.

we all gathered at the kitchen table after dokyeom placed four box of large sized peperoni pizza on it. i then took my birthday cake from the refrigerator.

wait, mingyu. i almost forgot about him.

"can we sing now?" dokyeom asked.

"not yet, there's one more person that is still not here."

"who?" vernon asked. i then got closer to him and whispered, "mingyu."

"oh? he's here?"

"yeah, he said that he's transferring to my school next month."

"really? i didn't know, though."

then, mingyu has finally arrived. i offered him to get inside and he stood next to vernon.

"who's this?" joshua and jeonghan asked in unison.

"oh, hi. i'm mingyu, her ex-"

"ex classmate." i cutted. was he trying to say 'ex-boyfriend's bestfriend' or something?

"oh, hi. i'm joshua. her bestfriend."

"and, i'm dokyeom."

mingyu slowly nodded his head. he then curiously looked at jeonghan. "and you are?"

"jeonghan, her ... um... classmate."

classmate? he sees me only as his classmate? okay.. i get it now.

"oh, nice to meet you guys." mingyu smiled.

and, they all started to sing the birthday song. after that, i cutted the cake and we all ate it with the puzza that dokyeom bought with a few fried chickens and fries that i cooked.

not only that, i also turned on my father's speaker and connected it with the television, offering a free karaoke booth for them.

dokyeom sang very damn well even though he chose a weird song. no cause why is he singing to 'oh my god' of (g)-idle? it's weird. or maybe, not. no, maybe it's just me.

vernon and mingyu did a duet. they both slayed the rap song that they were singing. and, joshua has a very beautiful voice. i'm in love with his voice. sorry jeonghan.

he sang 'sunday morning' by maroon five and it sounds so heavenly. it was my first time hearing him sing. me, vernon and mingyu felt very drowned to his voice. but, jeonghan and dokyeom seems triggered with his song choice? i wonder why.

and lastly, jeonghan also sang a song. his voice is so cute, yet, still calming. he sang a japanese song titled as 'fallin flower' that was sung by the famous group, seventeen with vernon and mingyu doing the rap part.

they also forced me to do a duet with him, which we did with the song 'yours' by lee hi and chanyeol and surprisingly, dokyeom offered to do the rap part and it's so funny.

not long after that, the clock strikes at 11 p.m. and they all went home with jeonghan's driver car together. i closed the door and throw all the trash before i get back to my room and changed my outfit before i decided to check the gifts that they gave me.

vernon bought me a pair of soft blue coloured sneakers, definitely gonna wear this often cause i really love it. joshua got me two pairs of clothes which is a pastel coloured t-shirt and another one is a hoodie with the same color.

dokyeom.. um.. he also bought me a shirt but... it has his face on it. um.. maybe.. i'll just wear this at home. for mingyu, it's just a bunch of chocolate bars with a lot of different flavours inside of a cute box.

and lastly, jeonghan. he bought me a perfume and a set of jewellery accessories. it has earings, necklace and bracelet all together. okay- isn't this too much? how much did he spent for this?

so, i took my phone and texted him to say thank you, but, he's offline. maybe he's tired and already sleeping.