chapter twenty seven

sooae's pov

8.00 p.m.

phew, finally i've done setting the things inside my house. my parents won't be home today cause they just got an emergency call from the hospital they're working at, saying that there's a family that just got into a car crash so they have to deal with it.

then, i heard a knock on the door. it's just 8.00 p.m. who's coming so early? thank god i've done with my outfit. i'm wearing a black dress for tonight.

"wait." i said as i opened the door, revealing vernon.

"come in. you're so early? why?"

"i just think that maybe i could help you with the settings?"

"aww, thanks. but, you're late. i've done it all." i said, shooting him a glare.

"for real? i mean, there's nothing else that i could help with?" i shook my head.

"okay.. by the way, here's your gift." he said, handing me a box.

"thank you." i said, and put it on the kitchen's table.

"so what are we gonna do now?" he asked.

"um.. you want to play my father's ps5? that soccer game?"

he eagerly nodded. "YES YES."

"okay, wait for me." i said and got inside my parents room and took my father's ps5. i wish he won't kill me for this.

after that, i switched the television on and connected it with the ps5. me and vernon sat on the couch infront the tv and we started playing against each other.

at first, it was boring since i've never played this before. but after a few tries, i scored a goal! and vernon didn't, yet.

so it started to be fun for me. we were playing with all of our heart and we're screaming like some crazy people. thank god my parents isn't home.

and when i was to immersed with the game, another knock on the door disturbs me. i paused the game and looked at the clock, it's already 8.55 p.m.

woah time flies so fast when we're playing games, right?

so, i opened the door and there stood jeonghan. i smiled at him and asked him to get in. he saw vernon and asked, "he's early, when did he arrived?"

"an hour ago." and, jeonghan showed a face reaction that i can't understand. so, i offered him to sit with vernon and asked him to continue with the game for my behalf.

he did, and i was shocked seeing how well he played. he should've been playing for our school team if he's not so into revisions and other study stuffs.