chapter fifty three

jeonghan's pov

it's just the third day since i started working here. me and sooae were so awkward. we only talked when we have to, so, i decided to stop this awkwardness.

"sooae." i nervously said.

she turned her head to my direction, "yes?"

"do you.. want to eat lunch with me? i mean together with mia and josh?" i asked since dokyeom is not here cause he had to go to australia due to some work things.

"no, thank you. i'm full." she replied and i just faked a smile at her.

she has changed. she's no longer the same sooae that i used to know before. she talked less and smiled less at me. or maybe.. it's just me?

did she changed just.. when she's with me? cause i can see how he treated joshua, mia and dokyeom. it's not the same way as how he treated me.

now i understand.

"jeonghan, let's go." joshua disturbed my thought by pulling me out to go and eat at the cafeteria.

*****
sooae's pov

i knocked at my boss room when he asked me to go there with jeonghan. after i heard a faint'come in', i stepped in there along with him.

"i've got a case for you two to handle." my boss said as we sat infront of him.

"what is it?" jeonghan asked.

"there's this one guy, he was blamed for killing his girlfriend because she cheated."

"so you want us to fight on the guy's behalf?" i asked.

"uh, no. your guys are too inexperienced for this, so, not yet."

"so, what is it?" we both asked ni unison.

"i want you guys to find the meaning of love."

huh? what the heck?

we both then automatically looked at each other and smiled awkwardly.

just... kill me. for real. i'd rather be with wonwoo.